Your application must include all of the following required application documents.
1. Completed International Student Application
Type your responses on the international student application (PDF). You must sign your application before you submit it. Please send the completed application, along with the following supporting documents to email@example.com.
2. Evidence of Financial Support, Signed Guarantee of Financial Support
We must have a statement from your or your sponsor’s checking or savings bank account that shows that you have at least $16,850 on deposit. This $16,850 is the approximate total cost of the following expenses for one academic year:
- Central Piedmont tuition and fees: $8,000
- living expenses and books: $8,500
- medical insurance: $350
The statement must be no older than two months from the date you submit it to us. If you plan to bring dependents with you to the U.S., your evidence of financial support must include an additional $5,000 for each dependent. For example, if you plan to bring one dependent with you, your evidence of financial support must show that you have $21,850 ($16,850 + $5,000) available to you.
We accept copies of your documents when you submit your international student application. You must bring the original financial statements to your visa interview. Keep copies of all financial information for your own records.
3. Copy of Official Diploma and Transcripts
When you submit your international student application, the Kal Kardous International Student Services Center will accept a copy of your diploma and transcripts.
Before your semester start date, you must submit original transcripts with evaluations and translations from all institutions you have attended to the Student Records office.
4. International Student Application Processing Fee
The international student application processing fee is $40. This fee is non-refundable. A credit card authorization form is included on page 7 of the application. You may also pay by certified check or by U.S. money order, made payable to Central Piedmont Community College.
5. Copies of Your of Passport/Visa, Form I-20, and I-94
- biographical page of your passport
- biographical page(s) of your dependent’s passport (if applicable)
- your current visa (if applicable)
- your electronic I-94 (if applicable)
- your current Form I-20 (if applicable)
6. Evidence of English Competency
To enter a college-level program at Central Piedmont, you must meet one of the following:
- total score of at least 65, with no single score below 16 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- total score of at least 6.0, with no single score below 5.5 on the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- take Academic English as a Foreign Language (EFL) when you start at Central Piedmont