For the college’s coronavirus updates, please visit cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced earlier today (Oct. 21) Phase Three of statewide coronavirus restrictions will remain in effect until at least Nov. 13.
In Phase 3, which began Oct. 2, bars, entertainment venues, movie theaters and large outdoor venues were allowed to reopen with capacity restrictions. Capacity limits remained in place for restaurants, and mass gatherings were limited as well – 25 for indoors and 50 for outdoors.
As a friendly reminder, open registration for spring classes begins Nov. 9. Also, registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Using Your Financial Aid for Books and Supplies
Starting 10 days before classes start, you can use your remaining financial aid to charge eligible book and supply purchases at Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstores to your student account.
Remaining aid is the amount of financial aid, scholarships, and grants you have left after you are charged for tuition, fees, and supplies for the semester. Bookstore charges you make using your remaining aid will be deducted from your financial aid.
You have to apply and be awarded federal student aid first. Start by completing the Free Application for Federal student Aid (FAFSA) and the online financial aid authorization form on your MyCollege account. Your tuition/fees, supplies, and/or bookstore charges will be subtracted from the amount you receive as a financial aid refund.
Continue reading for details on when and how to use your financial aid to purchase supplies at Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstores.
- You must have been awarded financial aid to attend Central Piedmont.
- You may not use funds from a federal work-study award.
- Additional financial aid funds must be available after your financial aid has been applied to tuition. The amount of money (grants, scholarships, and loans) you have been awarded must exceed your total tuition, fee, books, and supplies charges.
- Your financial aid funds must not be restricted to tuition and fees. (The majority of Central Piedmont scholarships pay only tuition and fees — not supplies and books.)
- You cannot use financial aid that you have been awarded to attend another college.
Once financial aid refunds are issued, you must wait until the next semester to use your financial aid for bookstore purchases again.
You are responsible for paying any charges you make that are not covered by your remaining financial aid. Purchasing an excess of eligible expenses that are not required for your classes is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct. If you register for courses, purchase books, and then drop a course, you may owe the college. Please return all books for classes that you drop. By charging your books and supplies onto your account, you agree to adhere to the policies and procedures of the Central Piedmont Financial Aid Office and of the Barnes & Noble Bookstore. These policies include, but are not limited to, refunds, returns, and exchanges.
- Bus passes: Until further notice, bus passes cannot be purchased at Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstores using any method due to COVID-19 limitations.
- Backpacks (up to $55, including tax)
- Flash drives ($45, including tax)
If your textbook is not available or is out of stock, pre-order and pay for it using financial aid.
You can use your remaining financial aid to buy a Chromebook 11 3181 (UPC 816729024704) from Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstores.
- Visit the Barnes & Noble College bookstore at cpcc.bncollege.com to shop for the eligible model and to review its specifications.
- You can make one Chromebook purchase every two years when buying in advance using your financial aid.
- Allow six to eight business days for delivery to Central Campus, or up to 10 business days to other campuses.
- Clothing (up to $100)
- Electronics (radios/cellular supplies/cameras)
- Food and drinks (up to $100)
- Computers (laptops/software/accessories/peripherals) other than Chromebooks (refer to the Chromebooks section in the "Eligible Expenses" section)
- Toiletries/personal hygiene (up to $100)
When to Buy Books Using Your Aid
You can charge books at Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble College bookstores no earlier than 10 days before each semester starts. You can charge books until the seventh business day of the semester. If you choose to opt out of charging your books before courses begin, you must wait for remaining financial aid funds, after tuition and fees are paid, to be released to your selected refund preference with BankMobile before you can purchase books using financial aid. You may pay out-of-pocket for your books at any time.
Check dates you can use your financial aid to buy books and supplies. Your remaining financial aid balance (after tuition and fees) will be available in the bookstore.
Where to Buy
During the dates you can use your financial aid to buy books and supplies, go to a campus Barnes & Nobles bookstore or shop online. Bring your student ID and a copy of your course schedule. Ask to charge the supplies to your financial aid when checking out.
How to Order Textbooks on the Bookstore Website
Visit our bookstore information page for steps to order textbooks on the Barnes & Noble College website using your financial aid.