For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of June 24, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks -- until July 17 -- while making face coverings mandatory in public.
Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration. Central Piedmont will announce its updated plans for the upcoming fall semester soon after the July 4 holiday. Preliminary plans for fall include offering classes that are completely online, class sections that are primarily online, classes that will combine online and in-person instruction, and a smaller percentage of traditional in-person classes.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Using Your Financial Aid for Books and Supplies
Starting 10 days before classes start, you can use your remaining financial aid to charge eligible book and supply purchases at Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstores to your student account.
Remaining aid is the amount of financial aid, scholarships, and grants you have left after you are charged for tuition, fees, and supplies for the semester. Bookstore charges you make using your remaining aid will be deducted from your financial aid.
You have to apply and be awarded federal student aid first. Start by completing the Free Application for Federal student Aid (FAFSA) and the online financial aid authorization form on your MyCollege account. Your tuition/fees, supplies, and/or bookstore charges will be subtracted from the amount you receive as a financial aid refund.
- You must have been awarded financial aid to attend Central Piedmont.
- You may not use funds from a federal work-study award.
- Additional financial aid funds must be available after your financial aid has been applied to tuition. The amount of money (grants, scholarships, and loans) you have been awarded must exceed your total tuition, fee, books, and supplies charges.
- Your financial aid funds must not be restricted to tuition and fees. (The majority of Central Piedmont scholarships pay only tuition and fees — not supplies and books.)
- You cannot use financial aid that you have been awarded to attend another college.
Once financial aid refunds are issued, you must wait until the next semester to use your financial aid for bookstore purchases again.
You are responsible for paying any charges you make that are not covered by your remaining financial aid. Purchasing an excess of eligible expenses that are not required for your classes is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct. If you register for courses, purchase books, and then drop a course, you may owe the college. Please return all books for classes that you drop. By charging your books and supplies onto your account, you agree to adhere to the policies and procedures of the Central Piedmont Financial Aid Office and of the Barnes & Noble Bookstore. These policies include, but are not limited to, refunds, returns, and exchanges.
- bus passes (up to $200 per semester):
- can only be purchased using financial aid funds at Central and Cato Campuses
- 10 Ride Local pass or an unlimited rides Weekly Pass for $20
- monthly unlimited pass: $80
- backpacks (up to $55, including tax)
- flash drives ($45, including tax)
If your textbook is not available or is out of stock, pre-order and pay for it using financial aid.
You can use your remaining financial aid to buy a Chromebook 11 3181 (UPC 816729024704) from Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstores.
- Visit cpcc.bncollege.com to shop for the eligible model and to review its specifications.
- You can make one Chromebook purchase every two years when buying in advance using your financial aid.
- Allow six to eight business days for delivery to Central Campus, or up to 10 business days to other campuses.
- clothing (up to $100)
- electronics (radios/cellular supplies/cameras)
- food and drinks (up to $100)
- computers (laptops/software/accessories/peripherals) other than Chromebooks (refer to the Chromebooks section in the "Eligible Expenses" section)
- toiletries/personal hygiene (up to $100)
When to Buy Books Using Your Aid
Due to fiscal year-end processing deadlines, you may no longer use your financial aid to buy books for summer 2020 courses.
You can charge books at Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble bookstore no earlier than 10 days before each semester starts. You can charge books until the seventh business day of the semester. If you choose to opt out of charging your books before courses begin, you must wait for remaining financial aid funds, after tuition and fees are paid, to be released to your selected refund preference with BankMobile before you can purchase books using financial aid. You may pay out-of-pocket for your books at any time.
Where to Buy
You can purchase books on any Central Piedmont campus Barnes & Nobles bookstore. Bring your student ID and a copy of your course schedule. Ask to charge the supplies to your financial aid when checking out. The Central Piedmont Barnes & Noble Bookstores will also price match textbooks.
You can also rent textbooks. When shopping for textbooks in-store, the course information tag will display a "Rental" option. If shopping online, many books will display a rental option along with new and used options so that you can pick what's best for you.
Disbursement of Books and Supplies
After classes are in the system, you may go to a campus Barnes & Nobles bookstore on the designated dates for book charges. Bring your college ID. Your remaining financial aid balance (after tuition and fees) will be available in the bookstore.