Send Transcripts to Central Piedmont

Send your high school, previously-attended college or university, military, or international transcript to Central Piedmont for transcript evaluation. International transcripts will need to be translated and evaluated.

If you have not completed an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution, your high school transcript is required in order for you to be admitted to a Central Piedmont program of study or to obtain financial aid. You may send your official first semester high school transcript to give you a placement test waiver, but you will be notified to send another official transcript once you graduate. Only a graduated transcript will be marked official and can make you eligible for a degree and/or financial aid.

To transfer credits from a previously-attended institution, with an international evaluation, or from the military to Central Piedmont, have an official copy of all transcripts sent to the Central Piedmont Student Records office. Central Piedmont accepts official transcripts sent electronically, by mail, by fax, or brought in in-person. (International transcripts plus their evaluations must be mailed or brought in-person.) Faxed transcripts must be faxed directly from the college or high school. Mailed or faxed records service requests should be sent to:

Central Piedmont Student Records
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009
Fax: 704.330.6007

Transcripts that mailed in or brought in in-person will only be accepted if they are sealed; once a transcript is opened, it is no longer official.

Send Transcripts from Previous Institutions to Central Piedmont

For most high schools and colleges, you can do an online search for the name of the school and the word "transcripts" to access a form to have your transcripts sent electronically. When the form asks for the institution to send the transcripts to, select Central Piedmont Community College.

  • High School and Previously-Attended College Transcripts

    Transcripts should be requested from each institution attended. Each school has different requirements to obtain their transcripts, and some may charge a fee. If they mail the transcript to you, please leave the official transcripts sealed and bring them to the Student Records Office on Central Campus (Central High Room 261) or to the admissions desk at any area campus. Only sealed transcripts will be accepted; once a transcript is opened, it is no longer official. Transcripts that will be mailed directly to Central Piedmont should be sent to the following address:

    Central Piedmont Community College Student Records
    P.O. Box 35009
    Charlotte, North Carolina 28235-5009

    Central Piedmont also accepts electronic transcripts through secure transcript providers, such as CFNC, Parchment, eScrip, Scribbles, and National Student Clearinghouse. Please select Central Piedmont Community College in the recipient drop-down, if applicable.

  • High School Equivalency Diploma/HiSet®/TASC ™ Transcripts

  • Military Transcripts

    If you are seeking to use Veterans Affairs Education Benefits, all transcripts must be turned in and evaluated for credit before the college can certify enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

    To request DD 214 and military transcripts:

    Have these transcripts mailed to Central Piedmont's Student Records, or bring them in sealed envelopes to the Student Records office. Bring a Member 4 or Service-2 copy of your DD214 to Student Records office to be granted additional credits.

    Military transcripts do not need to be in a sealed envelope like college transcripts. We would need the Member 4 copy of DD214. The request for evaluation is automatically completed when transcripts are submitted to the Student Records Department.

  • International Transcripts/International Transcript Evaluation

    If you attended high school or college in another country, you must submit a certified copy of your transcript with an English translation and evaluation. You need to submit your record of courses to an evaluation agency recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluating Services (NACES; for an international evaluation. The evaluation must include a letter grade (A, B, or C) and earned credit hours for each course. Courses completed with a C or higher grade from regionally accredited institutions and which match Central Piedmont courses are transferable. Course equivalencies based on terms such as “Pass” or “Satisfactory” are not acceptable. College transcripts are automatically evaluated after your official international evaluation report has been received by the Central Piedmont Records office.

  • Evaluation of AP Scores

    AP scores of 3 or higher will be applied. Not all AP tests are accepted. Learn more about the evaluation of AP exams in the Central Piedmont college catalog.

  • Verifying Central Piedmont's Receipt of External Transcripts

    To check if your official transcripts from other institutions are on file  with Central Piedmont for admissions purposes and to confirm whether the document we received is official and meets admissions requirements:

    • log in to MyCollege
    • select the Student Menu
    • under Academic Profile click on “External Transcript Recv’d” (make sure curriculum transcript is highlighted, then submit
  • Visiting Students: Registering for Central Piedmont Courses with Required Pre-Requisites

    If you would like to register for a Central Piedmont course that has a required pre-requisite, an advisor can provide a pre-requisite override from an unofficial transcript that shows successful completion of the pre-requisite if the unofficial copy is printed from a student portal while you are in the advisor’s office. The unofficial copy must then be sent to student records for scanning.

Transcript Evaluation

There is no charge for a college transcript evaluation at Central Piedmont, but international transcript evaluators do charge to translate and evaluate transcripts. Usually there is a 24 to 48 hour turnaround time for transcript evaluations. If you need faster turnaround contact the Transcript Evaluation Office. If you receive transfer credit, you will receive an email at your Central Piedmont email address once your transcript evaluation is complete. You can view the transferred courses and for which Central Piedmont courses you received credit as a result of your transcript evaluation in MyCollege under “Transcript.” All transferred courses will appear on your transcript with a grade of TR. Transfer courses do not impact financial aid.

  • Transferable Credit

    Central Piedmont accepts credits for courses passed with a grade of “C-” or better. Only A, B, C, and Passed (P) grades that are equated to a “C-” or higher are transferred. D grades are not transferred. Grades are not transferred, only the credit hours.

    All college-level courses with a grade of “C-“ or higher and a Central Piedmont course equivalent will transfer, regardless of the program of study. If one of the courses you took at another college is not equivalent to a Central Piedmont course, but you think it meets the course requirements, provide a course description from the college catalog; final decision will be made by the department. Transfer credits will always appear on your Central Piedmont transcript. However, some departments may have a time limit on courses that will apply toward your program of study (ex: computers/accounting/health sciences). Credit by exam, or CLEP, can be requested for some courses.

    Regional accreditation is the educational accreditation of schools, colleges, and universities in the U.S. by one of seven regional accrediting agencies. The seven regionally accrediting agencies are: Middle States Commission on Higher Education, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (aka Higher Learning Commission), Northwest Accreditation Commission, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges. Online regionally-accredited college credits are transferable.

    Note that a diploma is not sufficient for evaluation. Central Piedmont requires an official transcript on file. In extreme cases, where the transcript was destroyed by war in a foreign country or proof of records  was destroyed by a disaster (flood or fire), you may meet with the Dean for Admissions, Records, Registration, and Graduation to discuss a possible transcript waiver.

  • Questions or Concerns About Your Transcript Evaluation

    You might not receive credit for all courses. For example, if you didn’t successfully complete a course, Central Piedmont does not have an equivalent to the course(s), the timeframe has expired (example, business, computer, accounting, etc.), the courses are graduate level, or if the previously-attended college isn’t regionally accredited. Please contact the Transcript Evaluation Office if you feel there is an error with your transcript evaluation. If you transfer in college-level English and math, but your record indicates that the placement test is required, this is because Central Piedmont has a mandatory placement test policy. However, by transferring college English and math you can receive a placement test waiver.