About Central Piedmont
At Central Piedmont, possibility doesn’t think outside the box. It aims to build a better one. Changing the idea of what a college experience should be. Here, possibility isn’t just what if, it’s what’s next.
We help students see beyond what is to what could be by providing them with a real-world, affordable, hands-on education that will transform them, change their lives, and impact this community.
Since our founding in 1963, we have evolved into a multi-campus college where students receive a combination of technical and soft skills training from quality faculty who prepare them to enter the workforce and make a difference in their family, business, community, and the world.
Together, we conquer possibility.
Central Piedmont will be a champion of students, a catalyst for opportunity, and an exceptional provider of learning experiences that transform lives and strengthen our community.
To facilitate student learning, success, and completion, Central Piedmont provides exceptional education and globally competitive training in an engaging, supportive environment.
At a Glance
- eight locations throughout Mecklenburg County in Charlotte, North Carolina
- nearly 300 for-credit programs of study
- more than 55 professional pathways to get students real-world ready
- more than 800 partnerships with companies, allowing for a wide range of workplace internships and apprenticeships
- upwards of $3 million in scholarships provided each year
- 19:1 student-faculty ratio
- more than 70 student clubs and organizations
- more than 43,600 students enrolled annually across all programs
- more than 900 middle and early college high school students attend Central Piedmont across five campuses
- approximately 1,000 students transfer each year to UNC institutions
- more than 3,280 international students representing 138 countries
- more than 1,100 military veteran students in college-credit programs
- first college in the nation to establish training programs with Cummins and Tesla