Student Records

Student Records

Student Records is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and security of academic records for the college. You can find in-person service at each Central Piedmont campus.

Learn about which of your information Central Piedmont staff can and can't share with third parties under FERPA regulations, how to get your student ID card, and other records processes and services. The Records office also provides transcript services.

Mailed or faxed records service requests should be sent to:

Central Piedmont Student Records
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009
Fax: 704.330.6007


  • Enrollment Verification Processes

    Central Piedmont has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment verification for insurance purposes, to loan deferment companies, and for degree verification.

    For Insurance Purposes

    You may obtain verification that you are or were enrolled during a specific term only after the drop/add period of that semester if you are registered for at least half time and have your Social Security Number on file with the college. Log in to the Central Piedmont login website with your Central Piedmont username and password and click on the “Enrollment Verification – Obtain Proof of Enrollment” link. This will take you directly to the National Student Clearinghouse website, where your enrollment verification, from Fall 2006 to the present semester, is located. Download the detailed instructions to complete the enrollment verification (PDF).

    For Loan Deferment/In-School Deferment

    Your loan deferment form should be faxed to the National Student Clearinghouse at 703.742.4239. If you have questions about a form that was already sent, you can go online to or contact their Customer Service office at 703.742.4200.

    For Degree Verification

    The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at or National Student Clearinghouse, 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171.

  • Grade Change Information

    You must follow the grievance process to submit an appeal to change a grade. If you are seeking a grade change, you can ask about the status of your grade at the Student Records office at any Central Piedmont campus

  • Name Change

    You can change your name on file with the college by visiting any Central Piedmont Records office with picture identification and a government document showing the updated information. You can also send an email from your Central Piedmont issued student email account. You will need to include your student ID number, your name, and a copy of the government documentation in your email.

  • Address Change

    To change your address on file with the college:

    1. Go to MyCollege.
    2. Go to "User Options."
    3. Go to "User Profile."
    4. Go to "Add New Address."
    5. Input and review your address.
    6. Select "Add Address."

    You will get a confirmation message and updated address.

  • Emergency Contacts

    Add Your Emergency Contact to Your File with the College

    1. Go to MyCollege.
    2. Go to "User Options."
    3. Go to "Emergency Information."
    4. Select "Add New Contact.”
    5. Input and review your emergency contact information.
    6. Select "Add Contact.”

    You will get a confirmation message and your emergency contact will reflect.

    Change Your Emergency Contact on File

    1. Go to MyCollege.
    2. Go to "User Options."
    3. Go to "Emergency Information."
    4. Select the edit option (pencil icon) to update your existing contact information.
    5. Update and review your emergency contact’s information.
    6. Select "Add Contact.”

    You will get a confirmation message and your updated emergency contact will reflect.

  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number Submission Form

    The individual taxpayer identification number submission form allows you to submit your social security number or individual taxpayer Identification number to Central Piedmont so that we can issue your 1098-T form.

    Return the completed, signed individual taxpayer identification number submission form (PDF) in-person to any Central Piedmont Campus Registrar’s Office/Records Office. You can also mail the completed form to:

    Central Piedmont Community College – Office of Student Records
    P.O. Box 35009
    Charlotte, NC  28235-5009

    Never submit any content containing your social security number by email.

    Please contact the Business Office at 704.330.6964 or at with any questions about your 1098-T form.