In light of COVID-19 health directive clarifications now provided by the Mecklenburg County Public Health Department -- and adhering to our stringent pandemic safety protocols -- Central Piedmont will move some career and technical education classes back to on-campus, in-person delivery as of January 14. Check your student email for details.
Class sections that began the semester as online or hybrid will continue online until Feb. 2, at which time the college will provide further guidance. Students with questions about the mode of their classes – online or on-campus – should contact their instructors directly and check Blackboard.
Central Piedmont’s Counseling Services provides personal and academic counseling to current students, as well as crisis intervention for students who are suicidal, confused, involved in unsafe relationships, or experiencing other emergencies. Whether your concern is academic, personal, or a mix of both, we are here to help you.
Counseling Services During Coronavirus
To promote the health and safety of our students and staff alike during the coronavirus situation, Counseling Services will now serve you online. We are available by email or by phone or video appointments for:
- personal counseling support
- academic probation
- academic suspension
- advising for pre-health science programs
Contact a Counselor
Our diverse counseling staff bring unique training, specializations, and backgrounds to the work they do. When scheduling a personal counseling appointment, you are encouraged to communicate any specific preferences regarding experience, specialty, gender, etc. that you feel might be helpful. We will accommodate these requests when possible. When not possible, please know that our counselors will be sensitive to your concerns and help arrange a referral when needed.
- To get put in touch with a counselor, complete the Counseling Services request form.
- If you need to follow up on previous meetings with your counselor, you may email your counselor directly.
- Faculty and staff, if you wish to make a referral to Counseling Services or consult with a counselor, make a referral through the online student profile or email a counselor directly.
If you experience a mental health emergency, please call 911.
When to See a Counselor
People come to Counseling Services for a lot of different reasons. You’re encouraged to come see us when you want to:
- clarify your goals for college and your education and create new strategies to achieve them
- discuss study habits and your educational history
- improve your academic standing and meet Standards of Academic Progress
- receive short-term personal counseling
- manage anxiety and stress
- improve relationships and build a support system
- explore new ways to take care of yourself
- connect with resources on and off campus
- get information about Central Piedmont degrees, diplomas, and certificates
- receive course recommendations (for students without a faculty advisor)
Counselors are available during Central Piedmont's standard operating hours to help you if you are experiencing a personal crisis. If you have an emergency after hours, or if you are off-campus, please call 911.
You can also make a counseling services referral for someone else.