Counseling and Therapy Services
Mental health counseling can empower you to improve your academic performance, employment readiness, relationships, and general well-being.
Free In-Person and Remote Therapy Services
Counseling Services offers in-person counseling and therapy at all campuses. We also provide video appointments which offer easier access to services and greater flexibility with scheduling. Students opting for video sessions may be seen sooner, due to limited availability of high-demand time slots at a specific campus.
When to See a Counselor
People come to Counseling Services for a lot of different reasons to support their mental and emotional health. You’re encouraged to meet with a counselor when you want to talk about:
- Relationship issues
- Stress management and coping skills
- Anxiety and depression
- Grief and loss
- Life balance and self-care
- Substance use
- Anything else that causes you worry or distress
Contact a Counselor
Our diverse counseling staff bring unique training, specializations, and backgrounds to the work they do. When scheduling a personal counseling appointment, you are encouraged to communicate any specific preferences regarding experience, specialty, gender, etc. that you feel might be helpful. We will accommodate these requests when possible. When not possible, please know that our counselors will be sensitive to your concerns and help arrange a referral when needed.
- To meet with a counselor, complete the intake form. A counselor will then reach out to you to schedule a session.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to make a Counseling Services referral for students needing extra support.
- For general questions, call 704.330.6420 or send us an email.
- Appointments are available for virtual meetings, by phone, or in-person on the Counselor’s assigned campus.
- Please keep your appointment. If you cancel or miss your appointment, it will delay your ability to meet with a counselor.