If you travel domestically (within the U.S.), you do not need to get a travel endorsement on your Form I-20.
For international travels, a Designated School Official (DSO) at the Kal Kardous International Student Services Center must sign page 2 of your Form I-20 for re-entry. To re-enter the U.S. after travelling abroad, you must present the following documents at the port of entry:
- valid passport (for at least six months into the future)
- valid F-1 student visa
- valid Form I-20 endorsed for travel by a DSO
- schedule/proof of enrollment (recommended)
- financial support documents (recommended)
If you are engaging in post-completion optional practical training (OPT), you also need to carry your:
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- proof of employment letter
If you applied for a change of status in the U.S. to F-1, you do not have a student visa. If you wish to travel internationally, you will need to apply for a student visa at the U.S. consulate or embassy before returning to the U.S.