The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at Central Piedmont. The scholarship is restricted to books and/or tuition assistance. This scholarship award is made possible through library fundraising projects.
- Two $500 scholarships are awarded in the fall and spring semester.
- Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester only. Awards cannot be renewed or transferred to a different semester.
- If awarded a scholarship, the full scholarship award will be deposited directly into your Central Piedmont account once your enrollment in 12 or credit hours more for the awarding semester is verified.
Friday, November 13, 2020
- not have previously received a Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship
- not a library employee, including work-study student
- full-time student (currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more) in an approved program leading to a two-year degree
- completed at least one full-time semester at Central Piedmont
- cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
You can complete both the scholarship application and the recommendation forms electronically, but they must be printed and signed in order to be considered complete. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader (Adobe Reader 8 or later) if you plan on filling out the application electronically.
Use the scholarship checklist to verify that you have completed all necessary application steps. Then, submit your completed application and all supporting documents in a sealed envelope one of the following ways:
- Scan and email to email@example.com.
- Submit in person to any Central Piedmont campus library.
- Mail to:
Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship Committee
Library Administration – Library Building 326
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009
- All applications and supporting documents are reviewed and verified by the library scholarship committee.
- Recommendations for award will be based on how well applicants met eligibility criteria, written essay, and letter of recommendation.
- The decision will be made by the committee and is final.