Central Piedmont Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Degree-granting institutions may also offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Central Piedmont Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling 404.679.4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC's website.
- Initial accreditation: 1969
- Last SACSCOC reaffirmation of accreditation: 2014
Please only contact the Commission on Colleges with questions about our accreditation. Please direct questions about Central Piedmont's programs and services to the college directly.
SACSCOC Approved Programs
List of the approved associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates the college awards (PDF).
- In addition to our SACSCOC accreditation, many of the college's programs hold accreditations, approvals, or licensures from specialized accrediting associations.
- Visit the college catalog for our current list of specialized accreditations.
- The college President's office communicates changes in the college’s accreditation status with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to those separate accreditation agencies.