Visiting or Non-Degree Seeking Students

Are you a student from another college or university looking to take courses to transfer back to your home institution? Are you interested in taking a few credit classes as personal enrichment or for job requirements? If either of these are 'you,' we're glad you are considering Central Piedmont.

If during the coronavirus situation you need help with enrolling, please contact First Year Experience at or Outreach and Recruitment at

Central Piedmont is a smart choice with flexible options and convenient locations for visiting students. 

Visiting students are those who are currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student at another university, but wish to take courses for one term at Central Piedmont.

Are You a Visiting Student?

You are a visiting student if you meet any of the following criteria.

  • You are taking courses to transfer to your home institution.

  • You do not need course advising, as you are taking courses as a non-degree seeking student.

  • You are taking courses to fulfill requirements for another institution.

  • You are not seeking to earn a Central Piedmont degree, diploma, or certificate.

Enroll at Central Piedmont as a Visiting or Non-Degree Seeking Student

Give yourself plenty of time to enroll based on when you want to start classes — know when classes start and when you can register for classes. Restrictions apply to minor students still in high school.

Priority Application Dates

We accept applications after priority application dates. However, to increase the likelihood of completing the enrollment process, the college highly encourages you to submit all paperwork by priority application dates.

Semester Priority Application and
Transcript Date
Spring Oct. 1
April 1
Fall  June 1

If you submit all required paperwork by priority application dates, you can expect to be admitted to the college and to receive adequate time to plan, select, and register for classes. If you submit paperwork after priority application dates, be sure to have college-issued transcripts available for advising.

  • Determine Your State Residency

    The amount of tuition you pay is based on whether you are considered an in-state or out-of-state student.

    Check or establish your state residency.

    If you're interested in taking online courses, check if you're eligible to take online courses at Central Piedmont based on the state you live in.

  • Apply for Admission

    If you have applied to Central Piedmont before, you do not need to apply again. If you have applied to Central Piedmont before, but don't remember your student ID number, username, or if you are in our system, please first email or

    Complete the Central Piedmont admissions application. You will be asked to choose a career field. We will help you choose a specific program later.

    If you do not receive an email with your student ID number within one business day after submitting your application, please contact us.

  • Create Your Central Piedmont Login

    Create your Central Piedmont login. It could take up to two hours for your login to work in all of our systems.

  • Optional: Attend Orientation

    Attend orientation. If you do not plan to earn a degree or transfer from Central Piedmont, you can have the orientation and advising requirements waived so that you can register for classes. Contact with questions or to have these requirements waived.

  • Optional: Apply for Financial Aid

    In order to use financial aid for Central Piedmont courses, you need to be added to a Central Piedmont program. Email if you want to be added to one of our programs so you can use financial aid.

    Financial aid includes Pell Grants, other grants, scholarships, and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits (such as the GI Bill). Central Piedmont does not offer direct student loans.

    Review financial aid priority dates and apply for financial aid. Once we notify you through your Central Piedmont student email that we have processed your FAFSA, check the Financial Aid menu in MyCollege to see your required documents and to check if you have a financial aid counselor assigned to you.

  • Submit Your Transcripts

    Check that you meet the prerequisite(s) for the Central Piedmont course(s) you want to take. Then, submit all official high school, college, and/or military transcripts to Student Records, or email for help with getting an override for prerequisites.

    If English is not your first language and you need to improve your English language skills, explore how you can learn English at Central Piedmont.

  • Next Steps

    Review your next steps after enrolling, such as registering and paying for classes and buying your books. You are required to complete the Online Learning Introduction before you can register for online courses.