If accepted into the program, you will work at one of our selected community partners (typically, a non-profit in the Charlotte area). Possible agencies where you may be placed include, but are not limited to, Freedom School Partners, Friendship Trays, Crisis Assistance Ministries, A Child's Place, Bright Blessings, and Habitat for Humanity. The job description for the Community Service work-study will vary by agency and will be discussed upon request.
If you are accepted as a Community Service work-study student, you are expected to:
- attend one of the mandatory orientation sessions
- complete any required application or other information needed by the agency where you are placed
- keep in contact with your Central Piedmont supervisor
- provide appropriate contact information (i.e. phone and email)
- work no more than 20 hours per work (the hours can be subject to change)
- submit to background checks and volunteer screening
- provide your own transportation
- submit your time sheets electronically every month through Web Advisor (once your hours are submitted, your on-site supervisor will need to verify your hours)
For more information or questions about the Community Service work-study, contact Dena Shonts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.330.6558, or stop by the Overcash Performing Arts Center, Room 241C on Central Campus.
To apply for the Community Service work-study position: