For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
NC Governor Roy Cooper announced Sept. 1 he is moving the state into Phase 2.5. Playgrounds will open, and businesses like gyms and museums across the state can reopen at reduced capacity as of Sept. 4. The Governor emphasized that safety measures such as face-coverings, social distancing, and frequent hand washing should still be followed.
Central Piedmont continues to offer fall semester classes in multiple formats with the majority of classes being taught online.
Registration for fall short session classes — as well as Corporate and Continuing Education courses — is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Testing and Assessment Centers
The Central Piedmont Testing and Assessment Center provides comprehensive testing services to Central Piedmont students and faculty, local businesses and industries, as well as to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community and surrounding areas.
As services become available remotely, they will be listed on this page. Remote proctors are available through Webex for the following services:
- Placement testing. Request a remote proctor for placement testing. We are temporarily suspending the 10-year expiration for high school GPA, ACT, and SAT scores.
- ACCUPLACER ESL (EFL) placement test. Request a remote proctor for the ACCUPLACER ESL placement test.
- Advanced Algebra and Functions (formerly College Level Math) Placement Test. Request a remote proctor for the Advanced Algebra and Functions Placement Test.
Central Piedmont has testing centers at several campuses and provides the following services (testing services availability varies by campus):
- Placement testing for Central Piedmont students
- Course testing for Central Piedmont faculty
- TEAS testing for healthcare programs
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP®) testing
- GED® testing
- Pearson Vue testing
- Distance proctoring services (for students taking a distance course through an institution other than Central Piedmont)
Central Piedmont does not administer the ACT or SAT college entrance exams. If you are in need of special accommodations for testing, please contact Disability Services.
In the event of inclement weather or other emergency situations, please listen to area radio and television stations or call 704.330.6888 for announcements regarding the operation of the college. When the college closes, all classes are canceled and testing appointments will need to be rescheduled. ESL testing is available at Central Campus only.
A photo ID is required for all testing services. To maintain testing integrity, and as a courtesy to others, please do not bring children, cell phones, or other electronic devices into testing areas.
Student Academic Integrity
Students are expected to adhere to Central Piedmont's Student Academic Integrity Policy.
Testing Center Locations and Hours
Take time to familiarize yourself with directions to and parking at your scheduled testing center well in advance of your test. On the day of your test, leave with plenty of time to arrive at your test on time. All tests must be turned in before the testing center closes (time varies by center) — plan accordingly based on the length of your test.