Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Testing
The TEAS test is an admissions test used for admittance into most, but not all, healthcare programs. The TEAS Version V retired on August 30, 2016. Effective August 31, 2016, students take the ATI TEAS. If you are testing after August 30, 2016, you will take the ATI TEAS and use the ATI TEAS study guide (not the TEAS Version V study guide). The TEAS consists of reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage sections. Each section is timed. The total time for the test is 3 1/2 hours. Learn more about the ATI TEAS test (PDF).
Due to the difficulty of the test and competitive nature of the programs, it is recommended that you speak to an academic advisor or healthcare program faculty member to make sure TEAS is right for you. Use the healthcare career field page to explore programs and to learn which programs require the TEAS test for admission. Please take your time exploring the programs.
It is each student's responsibility to review and understand the information on this page carefully. Scheduling more than one test within a three month period will result in the latest appointment(s) being cancelled.
TEAS Registration and Scheduling Steps (Please Review Carefully)
The Central Piedmont Testing Center administers the ATI TEAS. TEAS testing is available at the Central Campus testing center Monday — Thursday at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. by appointment only and per the following guidelines:
- Students applying to a Central Piedmont healthcare program may retake the TEAS once every three months (if applicable).
- Scheduling multiple testing appointments within a three month period may cause the latest scheduled appointment(s) to be removed.
- Do not schedule multiple appointments for the same day.
- The TEAS is a high-demand test, and space is limited. Testing center volume increases substantially prior to semester breaks, end of terms, during registration periods, and as program deadlines approach. Plan accordingly to avoid testing delays.
- It is extremely important that you carefully follow the instructions on this page before scheduling the TEAS.
Review the admissions application for your specific health program of interest carefully. If, after careful review of the application, you feel you are eligible and prepared to take the TEAS:
- Create a TEAS student account at atitesting.com.
- The TEAS website is geared towards nursing — if you're testing for another health program, don't let that confuse you.
- Use your Central Piedmont ID number when creating your account — leaving the ID number field blank may cause processing delays.
- Remember the TEAS username and password you create.
- Complete the TEAS permission form if you are applying for a Central Piedmont program.
- Schedule your TEAS online.
- When scheduling your test, click "Submit" only once on the registration form.
- When scheduling your TEAS, please enter your date of birth using the format xx/xx/xxxx.
- By scheduling your TEAS appointment, you acknowledge your understanding of the information on this page and feel you are prepared to take the TEAS at Central Piedmont.
- To confirm or cancel an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the $68 non-refundable TEAS fee at Central Campus Cashier's Office on day of test (the test must be taken on day of payment).
- Bring the permission form and receipt, along with valid photo ID, to the Central Campus testing center in the Central High Building, Room 248.
- If you are testing for a school other than Central Piedmont, you must contact ATI to have your scores sent to the school of your choice.
If you took the TEAS at a different school and would like your results transferred to Central Piedmont, please contact ATI. ATI will send your official results to the Central Piedmont testing center. Once received, the testing center may print a copy of your scores for you; valid photo ID will be required. It is highly recommended that you update your TEAS account with your Central Piedmont ID — scores received without a Central Piedmont ID number may cause a delay in processing. Please confirm that the Central Piedmont testing center receives your scores.
TEAS Permission Forms (Central Piedmont Programs)
- Cardiovascular Technology permission form (PDF)
- Cytotechnology permission form (PDF)
- Dental Hygiene permission form (PDF)
- Health Information Technology permission form (PDF)
- Medical Laboratory Technology permission form (PDF)
- Nursing permission form (PDF)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant permission form (PDF)
- Pharmacy Technology permission form (PDF)
- Physical Therapy Assistant permission form (PDF)
- Polysomnograpy permission form (PDF)
- Respiratory Therapy permission form (PDF)
- Surgical Technology permission form (PDF)
Taking the TEAS
- Sufficient preparation is strongly recommended.
- The Central Piedmont testing center will provide scratch paper, which is collected at end of the testing session.
- Personal calculators are not permitted; a calculator is embedded within the test.