Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Testing
The TEAS test is used for admissions into several healthcare programs. You can take the TEAS test at Central Piedmont if you are applying to a Central Piedmont program or if you are applying to another school.
Alternate Testing Locations
If you are unable to schedule to take the TEAS at Central Piedmont, visit the TEAS website for other testing locations.
Before Scheduling Your Test
- If you are not feeling well, do not schedule your testing appointment.
- Be prepared to follow strict social distancing rules.
- If you have a mask, wear it. If not, we will provide one.
- You will be required to use hand sanitizer as you enter and exit the Testing Center (provided).
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes early to your testing appointment.
- Follow the appointment time listed when you schedule your appointment. It may be different from the normal testing times that are listed on our website.
- Remember to bring your payment.
- The Cashier's office will be open for a very short time. It is critical that you arrive 30 minutes early to ensure your payment is processed.
- Remember to bring a valid photo ID. No ID, no test.
The TEAS consists of reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage sections. Each section is timed. The total time for the test is three and a half hours.
Due to the difficulty of the test and the competitive nature of the programs, it is recommended that you speak to an academic advisor or healthcare program faculty member to make sure TEAS is right for you. Use the healthcare career field page to explore programs and to learn which programs require the TEAS test for admission. The minimum TEAS score you need to achieve for admission varies by program. Please take your time exploring the programs.
It is your responsibility to review and understand the information on this page carefully. Scheduling more than one test within a 30-day period will result in the latest appointment(s) being canceled.