For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of March 18, Central Piedmont Community College suspended classes that require face-to-face, in-person instruction until further notice. College faculty and staff are working to move as many classes as possible to online delivery, with these online classes re-starting on March 23.
All Central Piedmont classes that can be offered remotely will be provided via online delivery. All classes that require in-person instruction will be suspended for now.
Central Piedmont remains open, however, its campuses and centers will be accessible only to employees whose presence is required to perform essential functions related to the operations and business of the college.
Read the complete message at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Transfer Resource Center
The Transfer Resource Center can help guide you on how to transfer to a four-year college or university after you complete your Central Piedmont program.
Talk to an Advisor During the Coronavirus Situation
Academic and Transfer Advising is committed to helping you address all your advising needs during the challenging coronavirus situation. So that we can serve you, please select the link that applies to you:
- If you are new to Central Piedmont and have completed all enrollment steps: New student advising
- If you are a current/returning student completing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science (transfer) degree: Returning transfer (Associate in Arts/Associate in Science) student advising
If you are a current/returning Associate in Applied Science student, contact your faculty advisor:
- Look up who your advisor is in MyCollege:
- Log in to MyCollege:
- Click on "Student Services."
- Click on "My Profile." Your assigned advisor's name should be listed on this page.
- Or, go to your program page and access the "Admitted Students: Find Your Faculty Advisor" section.
The Transfer Resource Center holds several events each semester to connect you with representatives from local four-year institutions, including transfer fairs held once in the fall and once in the spring.
Our events have been canceled until further notice:
- Jump Start Appalachian visits
- Transfer Tuesdays
If you made an appointment to meet with a UNC Charlotte Admissions representative, a representative will contact you about meeting over the phone or online.