Academic Advising and Transfer Services

Want to transfer to a 4-year school to earn a bachelor's degree or higher after you get your degree from Central Piedmont?

Transfer to a 4-Year School; Transfer Degree Programs

Keep reading to learn more about transfer opportunities and how Transfer Services can guide you on how to transfer your Central Piedmont credits to a public university or college in NC, a private college or university in NC, or public and private colleges and universities across the United States.

Always visit your school of interest's admission site for more information on their transfer application and how credits transfer.

Transfer Services helps current Central Piedmont students that are exploring options to transfer to a four-year college or university. If you are a new student wanting to transfer to Central Piedmont, apply now


Transfer Services holds several events each semester to connect you with local four-year institutions, including transfer fairs held in the fall and in the spring. Transfer Tuesdays are where, Tuesdays throughout the semester, you can meet with four-year schools to learn more about how to transfer there when you finish at central Piedmont, such as their admissions process, programs, and applications.

How Your Central Piedmont Credits Transfer to a Public University or College in NC

The NC Comprehensive Articulation Agreement means that, if you get an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science at Central Piedmont (and meet all the other eligibility requirements), you will be guaranteed admission to attend one of the UNC universities. Depending on the requirements of the major you want to do, you may need to take more courses at the school after you transfer. Visit the website of your school of interest for transfer pathways by major, course and program lists, transfer requirements, and to learn what credits you'll get for your Central Piedmont classes. (Central Piedmont may not offer every course listed on schools' transfer worksheets).

Public NC schools transfer information

Central Piedmont Transfer Degree Pathways

Check out our list of Central Piedmont transfer degree programs (Associate in Arts, Associate in Engineering, Associate in Fine Arts, Associate in Science), as well as a suggested course sequence for the courses you should take based on what you want to major in at the school you transfer to. Some other programs also offer transfer options — keep reading to learn more about Associate in Applied Science 2+2 programs.

Transfer degrees and course sequences by major

Transfer an Associate in Applied Science Degree (2+2 Programs)

Many of our programs have 2+2 transfer agreements with four-year institutions that make it easy for you to transfer into a related bachelor's degree at that school after you get your Associate in Applied Science.

2+2 transfer agreements

Transfer to a Private School in North Carolina

If you are interested in transferring to a private college or university in North Carolina after you get your degree, learn about the NC Community College system's Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.

North Carolina Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

Transfer to a School in Another State

Contact the admissions office at your school of interest for more information.

Find a School to Transfer To

Unsure where you'd want to go after you finish your Central Piedmont degree? Visit College Navigator, a school information database, for a comprehensive breakdown of institutions throughout the United States.

College Navigator school database

List of Central Piedmont Programs

Not sure which degree you want to get from Central Piedmont yet? Explore programs.



Contact Transfer Services for more information on schools to transfer to and how to transfer. Contact an academic advisor for help picking a program and course planning; be sure to let them know if your goal is to transfer to a 4-year school when you graduate.

Academic advising

Pre-Health Professionals Advising

Interested in graduate schools for health-related careers like physical therapy, dentistry, pharmacy, or medical school? UNC Charlotte has a comprehensive pre-health professionals advising website that provides information about the graduate programs in these fields offered in North Carolina and how to prepare for them.