Apply for Financial Aid

Federal aid includes many (but not all) grants, such as federal work study. To apply for federal aid, there are certain eligibility requirements. You will need to complete the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) for most forms of federal financial assistance for education, as well as for many scholarships and non-federal grants.

Get Help Completing the FAFSA

Attend a FAFSA Workshop

Find Your Financial Aid Counselor

Every student has an assigned financial aid specialist. While you are not required to only contact your assigned specialist, your specialist will usually know your file best. When you always contact the same specialist, this becomes even more true.

To find your assigned financial aid specialist:

  • Log into MyCollege and select Financial Aid.
  • Your Central Piedmont financial aid specialist's name, phone number, and direct link to their email is listed in the "Financial Aid Counselor" section.
  • When communicating with financial aid via email, always use your Central Piedmont student email.

Financial Aid TV Videos

Four Tips for Applying for Financial Aid

Eligibility for Federal Financial Aid