Each student will be issued a parking permit for access to Central Piedmont parking lots. With few exceptions, this fee is charged to all students, at all campuses, even if you don't drive to campus.
The CAPS fee is:
- 1 — 8 credit hours: $73 per semester (fall, spring, or summer)
- 9 or more credit hours: $97 per semester (fall, spring, or summer)
- Corporate and Continuing Education students: $12 per course (fall, spring, or summer)
- maximum per semester (all students): $97
The following students are not required to pay the CAPS fee, but will still be issued a parking decal:
- students enrolled in fully online classes only (students who enroll in both online classes and classes on Central Piedmont campuses are required to pay the CAPS Fee)
- Central Piedmont students enrolled in classes that meet at area high schools or other locations not owned and operated by Central Piedmont (will not be issued a parking decal)
- Central Piedmont students enrolled in classes that have no tuition costs (e.g. Adult High School, English as a Second Language, compensatory education students)
- senior citizens
Students who enroll in curriculum courses but drop all their courses prior to the first day of the academic semester will have their CAPS fee refunded.