Each student will be issued a parking permit for access to Central Piedmont parking lots. This fee is charged to all students, at all campuses, including continuing education students.
The CAPS fee is:
- $73 per semester for curriculum students registered in 8 semester hours or less
- $97 per semester for curriculum students registered in 9 semester hours or more
- $12 per class for students enrolled in Corporate and Continuing Education courses
- no student will be charged more than $97 each semester
- charged during the summer semester at the same rate charged fall and spring semesters
The following students are not required to pay the CAPS fee, but will still be issued a parking decal:
- students enrolled in fully online classes only (students who enroll in both online classes and classes on Central Piedmont campuses are required to pay the CAPS Fee)
- Central Piedmont students enrolled in classes that meet at area high schools or other locations not owned and operated by Central Piedmont (will not be issued a parking decal)
- Central Piedmont students enrolled in classes that have no tuition costs (e.g. Adult High School, English as a Second Language, compensatory education students)
- senior citizens
Students who enroll in curriculum courses but drop all their courses prior to the first day of the academic semester will have their CAPS fee refunded.
In recent years, Central Piedmont has faced increasing costs to maintain parking and security services on our eight campuses. Historically, a portion of these costs have been paid through revenues from the sale of parking cards and parking lot exit fees paid by Central Campus students. In order to share these costs among our students taking classes at all our campus locations, the college has implemented the CAPS (Campus Access, Parking, and Security) Fee. Revenues collected from CAPS Fees are used to pay costs of campus security and parking lot rental and maintenance at all Central Piedmont campuses and centers. Even if you don't drive to campus, you will need to pay the CAPS fee. All Central Piedmont students who use our campus facilities benefit from the presence of Central Piedmont Security Services, which are funded by the CAPS Fee. For more information about the Campus Access Fee, visit the Parking page.