You will be issued a parking permit for access to Central Piedmont parking lots. With few exceptions, this fee is charged to all students, at all campuses, even if you don't drive to campus. The CAPS fee is:
- 1–8 credit hours: $73 per semester (fall, spring, or summer)
- 9 or more credit hours: $97 per semester (fall, spring, or summer)
- Corporate and Continuing Education students: $12 per course (fall, spring, or summer)
- maximum per semester (all students): $97
You are not required to pay the CAPS fee if you meet any of the following. You will be issued a parking decal.
- You are enrolled in fully online classes only. If you enroll in both online classes and in-person classes that meet on Central Piedmont campuses, you are required to pay the CAPS fee.
- You are a Central Piedmont student enrolled in classes that meet at area high schools or other locations not owned and operated by Central Piedmont. (You will not be issued a parking decal.)
- You are a Central Piedmont student enrolled in classes that have no tuition costs (e.g., Adult High School, English as a Second Language, compensatory education students).
- You are a senior citizen.
If you enroll in for-college-credit courses but drop all your courses prior to the first day of the academic semester, your CAPS fee will be refunded.