High School Counselors

Central Piedmont’s Dual Enrollment program is designed to help students earn college credit while completing their high school diploma. Some of the top benefits of Dual Enrollment include:

  • It is a cost-effective way for students to pursue higher education without taking on a high debt load.
  • It is flexible, allowing students to take classes at any one of Central Piedmont’s six campuses or online.
  • It provides choices for students who want to continue their education by transferring to a four-year school or take the fast track to the workforce.
  • It offers a supportive learning environment with classes that are smaller than many at a college or university along with access to tutoring, career development, counseling, and disability and access services.
  • It allows opportunities for students to make friends, network, and pursue their passions.

Students in ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade may participate in Dual Enrollment classes as long as they meet the eligibility requirements. To learn more, attend an information session

Additional Information

What college classes can count toward high school graduation credit?

The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) determines which dual enrollment classes can count toward high school graduation requirements. Learn more about these allowances on the NCDPI website.

Which universities are part of the articulation agreement with Central Piedmont?

All schools within the UNC System accept transfer credit from Central Piedmont. 

Which independent colleges and universities accept credit from Central Piedmont?

Visit the NC Community Colleges website to learn more about institutions that will accept credit earned by dual enrollment students at Central Piedmont.

My school is not currently a partner school. How can we become one? 

We would be happy to walk you through the process of becoming a partner school. Email us to get started


Students: accommodation plans such as an IEP or 504 Plan do not automatically transfer to college. If you would like to request accommodations at Central Piedmont, contact Disability and Access Services

Parents/guardians: you can assist your student(s) with requesting accommodations. However, once they are enrolled at Central Piedmont, parents/guardians will not have access to students' educational records due to protection under FERPA.

Students: you may choose to grant access to your educational records to your parents/guardians. To do so, please complete this Student Information Release Authorization Form (PDF) and email it to Central Piedmont’s Records department.

Grade Appeals and Grievances

We recommend trying to resolve any issues first with the instructor; however, if that is not possible or successful, students have the right to file a formal appeal/grievance.

  • If a student would like to file a grade appeal or a grievance, the written statement must be filed within 30 calendar days after the alleged decision or action occurred. We recommend involving a member of the Dual Enrollment team sooner rather than later so we can help the student advocate and escalate if needed.
  • Students can access the policy and procedure as well as the necessary forms here.

Medical and Compassionate Withdrawal

If a student is not able to complete their class(es) for extraordinary medical or personal reasons, the student can consider applying for a medical or compassionate withdrawal. Requests must be submitted no later than 30 days after the last day of the impacted term.

  • Students can access the policy and procedure here and the required form here.  
  • Once the form and personal statement are complete and the necessary documents are gathered, students can email the complete packet to Tammi Johnson.
  • Students should be notified of a decision within 10 business days of submitting their request.
  • To learn more about withdrawals, review our website.