Career & College Promise Dual Enrollment
Success in today’s global economy may require a certificate, diploma, or a college degree. Through Career & College Promise (CCP) dual enrollment, qualified high-school-age students in North Carolina can jumpstart their career or college education while still in high school — tuition free.
Why Choose Central Piedmont
Did you know that, according to a national study by the Community College Research Center (CCRC), 88% of students who earned dual enrollment credit in high school attended college after high school, and most earned a certificate or degree within five years? There are lots of great reasons to participate in Career & College Promise dual enrollment at Central Piedmont:
- A cost-effective way to earn college credit.
- Transfer courses credit earned with a "C" or higher.
- Smaller class sizes than many universities.
- Access to college resources.
Each program offered gets you started on your career, whether it requires a certificate, diploma, 2-year degree, 4-year degree, or beyond. This tuition-free program eases your financial burden and makes your educational and career goals attainable.
Books and fees are not covered — refer to enrollment step 10 for more details.
What You Will Learn
Beyond mastering the knowledge taught in your courses, you will begin to lay the groundwork for becoming a successful college student. Dual enrollment will help you:
- Learn to advocate for yourself by communicating with instructors.
- Practice managing your time, meeting deadlines, and handling the responsibilities of college.
- Explore fields of study that may help you choose a career path.
- Take the opportunity to work with your hands.
- Experience a college environment while you still have plenty of support.
Real World Education
At Central Piedmont, your education goes beyond what you learn in class. We offer numerous opportunities for you to enhance your learning — and to make friends, network, and pursue your passions — through clubs and organizations, sports, events and activities, leadership opportunities, job experience, volunteer experiences, visual and performing arts, and even international experiences.