With the exception of the WritePlacer essay, each placement test section is untimed, allowing you to relax, concentrate, and take as much time as you need. The WritePlacer is timed for two hours, but the majority of students complete this section in 30-45 minutes.The average testing time for all four sections is 3 hours, so please plan accordingly. Please note that the mathematical symbols used on the NC DAP placement tests conform to symbols used in North America.
- it's very important you do the best you can when taking the placement tests
- a valid photo ID is required for testing (Central Piedmont student ID, driver's license, military ID, or passport)
- calculators and dictionaries are not allowed during the placement tests
- the Testing and Assessment Center provides pencils and scratch paper
- upon completion of the placement tests, students will receive test results and meet with an academic advisor
- if retesting, please review our retest policy, carefully, and bring a copy of your practice test scores with you to the testing center
Rest and preparation are two of the most important things you can do to improve your scores:
- study and take all practice tests
- be well rested and nourished
- for students in need of special accommodations, please contact Disability Services
If you have a documented disability or received academic accommodations in high school or at another college/university, please visit Disability Services prior to taking your placement test to discuss services available and process of approval. Contact Disability Services at 704.330.6621 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
Permission to retest is not automatic. Please review our retest policy prior to testing. If you are not feeling well on the day of your testing appointment, please consider rescheduling. An email explaining how to do this was sent to the email address you used to schedule your appointment.