Both Central Piedmont and non-Central Piedmont students can take the GED® test at the Central Piedmont Testing Center.
Whether your next step is a college or job application, the Generalized Educational Development (GED®) test will help you get there. More than twenty million people have passed the GED® test. You can be next. Get started today!
The GED® is a computerized test that measures skills in four subject areas. In order to obtain your high school equivalency diploma, all four of the following tests must be taken and passed:
- Reading Through Language Arts
- time: 150 minutes
- topics: ability to read closely, write clearly, and edit and understand written text
- time: 115 minutes
- topics: quantitative and algebraic problem solving
- Social Studies
- time: 70 minutes
- topics: civics and government,U.S. history, economics, geography and the world
- time: 90 minutes
- topics: life science, physical science, earth and space science
All GED® exam fees are paid to the GED® testing service. Central Piedmont does not collect any fees for administering the GED®.