Both Central Piedmont and non-Central Piedmont students can take the GED® test at the Central Piedmont Testing Center.
Due to the recent technology interruptions, GED® testing at Central Piedmont is currently unavailable. It will resume once we get access to our systems back.
As an alternative to the GED®, you can take the final HiSET® high school equivalency exam testing. Make a HiSET® testing appointment online or call HiSET® customer service. You will take the test on Central Campus in the North Classroom Building.
Whether your next step is a college or job application, the Generalized Educational Development (GED®) test will help you get there. More than twenty million people have passed the GED® test. You can be next. Get started today!
The GED® is a computerized test that measures skills in four subject areas. In order to obtain your high school equivalency diploma, all four of the following tests must be taken and passed:
- Reading Through Language Arts
- time: 150 minutes
- topics: ability to read closely, write clearly, and edit and understand written text
- time: 115 minutes
- topics: quantitative and algebraic problem solving
- Social Studies
- time: 70 minutes
- topics: civics and government,U.S. history, economics, geography and the world
- time: 90 minutes
- topics: life science, physical science, earth and space science
All GED® exam fees are paid to the GED® testing service. Central Piedmont does not collect any fees for administering the GED®.
Before Scheduling Your GED
- If you are not feeling well, do not schedule your testing appointment.
- Be prepared to follow strict social distancing rules.
- If you have a mask, wear it. If not, we will provide one.
- You will be required to use hand sanitizer as you enter and exit the Testing Center (provided).
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes early to your testing appointment.
- Follow the appointment time listed when you schedule your appointment. It may be different from the normal testing times that are listed on our website.
- Remember to bring a valid photo ID. No ID, no test.