Establishing and Managing a Student Club or Organization: EQUIP and EVOLVE
Establishing a New Student Club or Organization
Congratulations on taking the first step toward making your college experience even more rewarding by initiating a new student organization at Central Piedmont. Please follow the following steps to start a student organization.
- Submit an application for New Student Organization Recognition. Student Life staff will review and be in touch with you regarding next steps.
- Read the Student Organization EXPLORE Handbook (PDF) for more detailed information regarding new student organizations.
- Secure ten charter members who are currently enrolled curriculum students at Central Piedmont (see New Student Organization Charter Roster in step 3), and at least one full time faculty or staff advisor. Advisors must complete an Advisor Agreement, found in step 3
- Submit the following student organization documents to Jennifer Conway in Student Life:
- Once steps 1-3 have been completed and all documents have been submitted, the Student Government Association (SGA) will schedule a time for you to present your new student organization proposal. The SGA will schedule those presentations on an as needed basis. Typically, these meetings are the second Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Attendance is mandatory and will be confirmed and scheduled with the SGA Public Information Officer. Student Life staff will be in touch with you about the date of your presentation and review once your application is received.
- After receiving approval from the SGA, your organization is required to attend student organization and advisor training. Upcoming sessions will be posted on the student life calendar.
Guidelines for Student Organizations
Please refer to the EQUIP Handbook (PDF) for information regarding guidelines, college policies and procedures, and detailed instructions for managing a student club or organization. Not sure what you need? Email email@example.com.
Forms for Recognized Student Organizations
Annual registration forms:
- payment request form (PDF)
- petty cash request form (PDF)
- student life deposit form (Excel document)
- cashier's depository request form (Excel document)
- SGA funds request form (PDF)
- financial report form (PDF)
Fundraising and solicitation of donations forms:
Sponsored activities forms:
- activity proposal form (PDF)
- club activity participation form (PDF)
- learning contract (PDF)
- medical release form (PDF)
- hold harmless agreement (PDF)
Service Learning forms:
Student Government Association (SGA) forms:
Student Clubs and Organizations Orientation
As always, we encourage all student clubs and organizations to attend an in-person orientation offered at each Central Piedmont campus at the beginning of each semester. These videos will allow you to recap and review information discussed at orientations.
- Introduction and General Information on Student Clubs video
- Starting a New Student Organization video
- Student Organization Finances video
- Fundraising for Student Organizations video
- Student Government Association video
- Travel and Student Organizations video
- Service-Learning and Student Organizations video
- Student Organizations and Event Planning video
Resources for Student Organizations
Becoming a good leader and a successful student organization is a process - one that never ends. The Central Piedmont Office of Student Life offers resources and tools to help student leaders, both individually and as a group, develop their leadership skills. Contact the student life coordinator at your campus for ideas and available resources or tools for team building activities, such as thumb balls.