Student Government Association (SGA)
Student Government Association (SGA) is present at all six Central Piedmont campuses and works primarily for the interests and needs of students of those campuses. For more information on SGA at each campus, please contact the student life coordinator at your campus.
Review the SGA constitution (PDF) for bylaws and guidelines for the Central Piedmont Student Government Association. SGA promotes:
- student advocacy
- budget recommendation
- student events
- support of student organizations
- community service
- The SGA Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Public Information Officer) officers represent needs and interests of all Central Piedmont students, college-wide. They are elected each year in April and serve a full-year term.
- SGA Senate: SGA senators have a presence on each campus and are appointed by the SGA executive committee. The number of senators on each campus is determined by the curriculum student enrollment at each campus, and senators represent the needs and interests of students at each respective campus.
- SGA representatives are volunteers at each campus and are appointed by the senators at the campus. There is no determined limit to the number of representatives at a particular campus, and representatives assist senators in meeting the needs of students at a particular campus.
The SGA executive committee office is on Central Campus in the Worrell Building, Room 1114. You can contact the SGA executive committee at 704.330.6751 or email@example.com.
- President: Koichi Takara (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President: Yeisha Calderon (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Raven Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Kadasha Davis (email@example.com)
- Public Information Officer: Jimy Strickland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested in getting involved in SGA?
Print out and return your completed application to the SGA advisor on your campus.
Meetings and Funds Requests
SGA meets on different days and times at each campus. Contact your campus' student life coordinator to find out what day and time SGA meets at your campus.
Executive Committee Meetings
The executive committee meets every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. on Central Campus, in Worrell 1112. Most meetings are open for you to attend.
General Assembly is a monthly, open meeting where all campus SGA councils, student organizations, and other student groups meet to share information and news. General Assembly is the last Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m. in Worrell 1112, by video conference in Student Life on each campus, or by WebEx video conference.
Giving a report at General Assembly? Please use the following report format:
Funds Request Hearings and Deadlines
SGA hears funds requests on the first and third Wednesdays of the month during their meetings. Clubs may refer to the Equip Handbook (PDF) for full information, and use the SGA funds request form (PDF) and the intent to travel form (PDF) if travel is involved). Questions about SGA funds requests may be directed to Jennifer Conway at email@example.com.
Student organizations are asked to turn in any completed funds request to Student Life by 5 p.m. on the first and third Mondays of the month in order to be added to the SGA meeting agenda. Requests received after this point will be moved to the next meeting date. If you request is approved, funds will be transferred into your club account within a week.