Voter Registration Information
Voting is one of the most important rights of U.S. citizens. Register to vote today!
To be eligible to register to vote in a North Carolina county, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be a resident of North Carolina
- prior to voting, must be a resident of the county for at least 30 days prior to election day
- be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election
- rescind any previous registration in another county or state
- if previously convicted of a felony, your citizenship rights must be restored (must not be serving an active sentence, including probation or parole)
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you must then register to vote before you can vote.