Enrollment Steps

Priority Application Dates

We accept applications after priority application dates. However, to increase the likelihood of completing the enrollment process, the college highly encourages you to submit all paperwork by priority application dates.

Semester Priority Application and
Transcript Date
Open Registration
Term Start Date
Spring October 1 November 11

January 13

April 1

May 5

May 21


Fall  June 1 July 7 August 18

If you submit all required paperwork by priority application dates, you can expect to be admitted to the college and to receive adequate time to plan, select, and register for classes. If you submit paperwork after priority application dates, be sure to have college-issued transcripts available for advising.

  • Application

    Before being able to apply to the college students will need to complete the North Carolina Residency Determination Service. After completing this step, students can submit their application online or by visiting the Office of Admissions at any of our campus locations.

  • Transcripts

    Request official copies of the following documents to be sent to Central Piedmont Records:

    • High school transcript
    • Joint Service Transcripts or Community College of the Air Force Transcripts
    • Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges, universities, or non-college degree schools

    Note: all transcripts must be turned in and evaluated for credit before the college can certify enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs

    Joint Service Transcripts for all branches of the military except Air Force can be retrieved at: https://jst.doded.mil/

    Community College of the Air Force transcripts can be ordered at: http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp

    Have these transcripts mailed to Central Piedmont's Student Records, or bring them in sealed envelopes to the Student Records office. Bring a Member 4 or Service-2 copy of your DD214 to Student Records office to be granted additional credits.

    Note: Military transcripts do not need to be in a sealed envelope like college transcripts. We would need the Member 4 copy of DD214. The request for evaluation is automatically completed when transcripts are submitted to the Student Records Department.

  • Financial Aid and Veteran Education Benefits

    Complete and submit the FAFSA at and contact the offices of Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs to determine their eligibility for federal financial assistance. The Veterans Affairs Education Benefits does not determine the student's eligibility for VA benefits, this is done so by contacting the VA for questions in regards to GI Bill / VA Education Benefits at 1.888.442.4551.

    Complete the related steps to VA education benefits or Federal Financial aid.

  • Placement Testing

    If not transferring official SAT/ACT or other acceptable placement test scores, visit the testing center to take the Accuplacer Placement Test at the Testing Center – at any campus location. Call center for testing hours: 704.330.6886. Prepare for the placement test using the online study guide

  • The Center for Military Families and Veterans (CMFV) Appointment

    Make an appointment with CMFV to have your test scores interpreted and determine an academic plan based on your desired degree program.  Please contact the CMFV at 704.330.6126.

  • Disabilities Services

    If you need accommodations for physical, mental, or learning disabilities, visit Disabilities Services to access required forms for documentation and then make an appointment with the staff.

  • Register for Classes

    View College Catalog. It is highly recommended to work with an advisor prior to registering for courses.

    Check Central Piedmont website for the registration dates, and class offerings/schedule. During open registration, register for classes online through your My College account.

    Students using Chapter 33 and Chapter 31 education benefits will need to request certification before charges are due to secure classes.

    Students using Chapter 30, 35, 1606, and 1607 will need to pay the charges unless you have financial aid or a sponsor before submitting their request for certification.

  • Return to Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs to discuss payment options.

    Be aware of payment due dates and payment options. Consult with Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs about payments in light of Federal Aid and/or Veterans Affairs Education Benefits.

  • Be aware of payment due dates and payment options. 

    Consult with Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs about payments in light of Federal Aid and/or Veterans Affairs Education Benefits.

  • Before the Start of the Term:

    Secure books, parking pass, student ID card.

  • During the Semester:

    Attend Central Piedmont classes and utilize the CMFV as well as other Central Piedmont resources.

  • Verification of Enrollment (Chapters 30 and 1606)

    After the Veterans Affairs Educations Benefits Office (VAEBO) has certified a student’s enrollment to the VA Regional Processing Office, the student is required to verify that your hours have not changed. Students using Chapter 30 and 1606 must verify enrollment on the last day of each month by calling 1.877.823.2378, or by using WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) through www.gibill.va.gov. Students are responsible for notifying the Central Piedmont VAEBO immediately when changes are made to their enrollment and a VA Schedule Adjustment form must be submitted. The Central Piedmont VAEBO is responsible for transmitting all changes of enrollments immediately to the VA Regional Processing Office.