Services and Resources for Veterans and Family Members

Military Families and Veterans Services assists Central Piedmont students, family members, and veterans who are transitioning from military duty to civilian life by providing a holistic service approach.

Our department provides academic advising, counseling, career coaching, Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefit processing, community wrap-around service referrals, employment readiness support, and scholarships. 

We have great relationships and partnerships with community organizations and offer strategic veteran events and robust student life programs. We welcome you and invite you to get involved.

Academic Advising and Counseling Services

We provide group and individual advising and counseling services to veterans and your family members, ages 18 years and older. Personal counseling is confidential and is provided by licensed professionals. If our counselors cannot provide such services, we will provide contacts at community centers who may further assist you.

Our services include:

  • Academics and Career Decision

    – course advisement

    – explore programs of study with occupational options

    – tutoring resources and study skills support

    – identify goals and pathways to success

    – weekly student veteran support groups

  • Veterans Affairs Education Benefits 

    GI Bill®, Survivor and Dependent Assistance, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment

  • Grief, Loss, Past Trauma

    – managing emotional pain from military or civilian experiences

    – adapting to a new normal

    – confidential sessions

  • Family and Relationships

    – family and couples counseling

    – tools to improve communication

Make An Appointment

Contact Military Families and Veterans Services to make an appointment. Review the Veterans Affairs Education Benefits and Academic Advising and General Inquires sections on this page for contact information. 

Military and Family Events

Currently, there are no events scheduled. Check back soon.

Military and Family Resources

Transitioning from military to civilian life can be challenging. The following resources are available to help you and your family.

Order Military Medical Records

If you are an active member, get certified copies of your medical records before you separate from the military. You will often get two copies of your records: one for your personal records, and one to provide to the VA.

Military medical records may be found at different locations depending on the service you were in and when you served. Learn how to request your military medical records from the National Archives.