Enroll as a Veteran

If you need help with applying, please contact Military Families and Veterans Services or a student success navigator (information in "Contact" sections).

Steps to Enroll

Give yourself plenty of time to apply based on when you want to start classes — know when classes start and when you can register for classes.

  • Apply for Benefits

    Learn how to apply for G.I. and related benefits on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.

  • Determine Your State Residency

    The amount of tuition you pay is based on whether you are considered an in-state or out-of-state student.

    Check or establish your state residency.

  • Apply for Admission

    If you have applied to or taken a class at Central Piedmont before, you do not need to apply again. If you don't remember your student ID number, username, or if you are in our system, please first contact a student success navigator.

    Complete the Central Piedmont admissions application. You will be asked to choose a career field. We will help you choose a specific program later.

    Once you've submitted your application, contact a student success navigator to be moved forward in the process. Otherwise, we will email you or contact you by phone within one or two business days to confirm your application.

  • Activate Your Central Piedmont Login

    After we reach you to confirm your application, you can activate your account.

    If you have your username and still can't activate your account, please contact a student success navigator or the Service Desk for help.

  • Access Your Central Piedmont Email

    Your Central Piedmont student email is the official way the college will communicate with you about your classes, events, and more. Once you have a username and password, log in to your email online or from the mobile app. Check your email at least once a day.

  • Attend Orientation

    Attend orientation. Orientation is required for all degree-seeking or transfer students. You will be unable to register for classes if you have not attended orientation.

  • Meet with a Military Families and Veterans Services Academic Advisor

    Once you have attended orientation, you can meet with a Military Families and Veterans Services advisor to discuss placement, programs and courses, and ensure your benefits are used efficiently. Advising is required for all degree-seeking and transfer students. You will be unable to register for classes if you have not met with an advisor.

    To make an appointment with a Military Families and Veterans Services advisor, email us or call the Central Campus number (info in "Contact" section).

  • Apply for Financial Aid

    You might be eligible for more aid than you think. Financial aid includes Pell Grants, other grants, scholarships, and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits (such as the GI Bill®). The Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Office at Central Piedmont does not determine your eligibility for Veterans Affairs Education Benefits. To determine eligibility for the GI Bill and/or VA benefits, contact the VA at 1.888.442.4551. For scholarships, also complete the Academic Works scholarship application. Central Piedmont does not offer direct student loans.

    Review financial aid deadlines and apply for financial aid. Once we notify you through your Central Piedmont student email that we have processed your FAFSA, check the Financial Aid menu in MyCollege to see your required documents and to check if you have a financial aid counselor assigned to you.

  • Determine your English and Math Placement

    You often need to have completed certain English or math courses before you can take your program’s required courses. Learn which English and math courses you can start with.

    If English is not your first language and you need to improve your English language skills, explore how you can learn English at Central Piedmont.

  • Complete Additional Program Steps (If Applicable)

    Many healthcare programs require you to complete an additional application for admittance into that specific program and require that you take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Contact the specific program for any questions about its application requirements.

  • Next Steps

    Review your next steps after applying, such as meeting with an advisor and registering for classes.

  • Request Certification

    After registering for classes, return to the Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits offices to discuss payment options in light of your aid and/or benefits.

    Fill out the Certification Request Form located in MyCollege:

    Login to MyCollege (Central Piedmont Login Required).

    Select Student Services and then Online Forms.

    From Online Forms, select the Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Office Certification Request Form.

    Visit Certification Process to learn more about using Veterans Affairs Education Benefits for the first time and requesting recertification.

  • Verify Your Enrollment on the Last Day of Each Month

    After the Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Office has certified your enrollment with the VA Regional Processing office, you are required to verify that the number of hours you are enrolled in has not changed.

    If you are using Chapter 30 and 1606, you must verify your enrollment on the last day of each month by calling 1.877.823.2378, or by using WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) through gibill.va.gov.

    You are responsible for notifying the Central Piedmont Veterans Affairs Education Benefits office immediately when changes are made to your enrollment by submitting a VA Schedule Adjustment form. The Central Piedmont Veterans Affairs Education Benefits office is responsible for transmitting all changes of enrollments immediately to the VA Regional Processing office.