Earn a Degree or Transfer

Do you want to earn a for-college-credit associate degree, diploma, or certificate? Do you want to take courses to transfer to another college or university? Or are you looking to transfer here from another college or university? 

If during the coronavirus situation you need help with enrolling, please contact First Year Experience at fye@cpcc.edu or Outreach and Recruitment at outreach@cpcc.edu.

If you want to take courses to transfer to another college or university, be sure to visit the Central Piedmont Transfer Resource Center.

Priority Application Dates

We accept applications after priority application dates. However, to increase the likelihood of completing the enrollment process, the college highly encourages you to submit all paperwork by priority application dates.

Semester Priority Application and
Transcript Date
Spring Oct. 1
April 1
Fall  June 1

If you submit all required paperwork by priority application dates, you can expect to be admitted to the college and to receive adequate time to plan, select, and register for classes. If you submit paperwork after priority application dates, be sure to have college-issued transcripts available for advising.

Steps to Enroll

Restrictions apply to minor students still in high school.

  • Determine Your State Residency

    The amount of tuition you pay is based on whether you are considered an in-state or out-of-state student.

    Check or establish your state residency.

  • Apply for Admission

    If you have applied to Central Piedmont before, you do not need to apply again. If you have applied to Central Piedmont before, but don't remember your student ID number, username, or if you are in our system, please first email student.admissions@cpcc.edu or fye@cpcc.edu.

    Complete the Central Piedmont admissions application. You will be asked to choose a career field. We will help you choose a specific program later.

    If you do not receive an email with your student ID number within one business day after submitting your application, please contact us.

  • Create Your Central Piedmont Login

    Create your Central Piedmont login. Your login will work in all of our systems after 6–24 hours. It will work right away only in the Central Piedmont login menu.

  • Attend Orientation

    Attend orientation. Orientation is required for all degree-seeking or transfer students. You will be unable to register for classes if you have not attended orientation.

  • Apply for Financial Aid

    You might be eligible for more aid than you think. Financial aid includes Pell Grants, other grants, scholarships, and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits (such as the GI Bill). Central Piedmont does not offer direct student loans.

    Review financial aid priority dates and apply for financial aid. Once we notify you through your Central Piedmont student email that we have processed your FAFSA, check the Financial Aid menu in MyCollege to see your required documents and to check if you have a financial aid counselor assigned to you. 

  • Determine your English and Math Placement

    Placement is a crucial step before advising, because many credit-bearing courses have English or math prerequisites. You will likely be placed automatically when we receive your official high school and college transcripts or test scores.

    If you need to improve your English language skills, you usually have two options: English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) courses.

    Many healthcare programs also require that applicants take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).

    If you are high school senior participating in College Connection, contact your college recruiter for more information about the placement process.

  • Meet with an Academic Advisor

    Once you have attended orientation and have placement for English and math, you can meet with an advisor to discuss programs and courses. Advising is required for all degree-seeking and transfer students. You will be unable to register for classes if you have not met with an advisor.

  • Complete Program Applications (If Applicable)

    Many healthcare programs require you to complete an additional application for admittance into that specific program. The program page will indicate if an additional application is required. Contact your program of interest with any questions about its application.

  • Next Steps

    Review your next steps after enrolling, such as registering and paying for classes and buying your books.

  • Students Subject to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

    DACA students must have a Form I-797 notice of Action and an EAD card with Category C33 designation showing they have been granted deferred action. They are not eligible for the in-state tuition rate, but they can be sponsored by NC employers only who can pay the in-state rate on their behalf. “Individuals with DACA classification are not eligible to obtain the in-state tuition rate under the public school graduate exception or nonprofit sponsorship exception.” DACA students should be treated like others who are lawfully present in U.S., but will not be eligible to receive professional licenses which are associated with some of Central Piedmont's academic programs.

    DACA students will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate unless they are sponsored by a North Carolina business, in which case they will be charged the in-state rate. For information on employer sponsorships, contact Central Piedmont's Sponsored Programs Office.