Earn a Degree or Transfer

Do you want to earn a for-college-credit associate degree, diploma, or certificate? Do you want to take courses to transfer to another college or university? Or are you looking to transfer here from another college or university? Learn the steps to apply.

If you need help with applying, please contact First Year Experience at april.wright@cpcc.edu or Outreach and Recruitment at tiffany.rivera@cpcc.edu.

Steps to Apply

Give yourself plenty of time to apply based on when you want to start classes — know when classes start and when you can register for classes.

Learn About Opportunities to Transfer to a Four-Year School

  • Students Subject to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

    DACA students must have a Form I-797 notice of Action and an EAD card with Category C33 designation showing they have been granted deferred action. They are not eligible for the in-state tuition rate, but they can be sponsored by NC employers only who can pay the in-state rate on their behalf. “Individuals with DACA classification are not eligible to obtain the in-state tuition rate under the public school graduate exception or nonprofit sponsorship exception.” DACA students should be treated like others who are lawfully present in U.S., but will not be eligible to receive professional licenses which are associated with some of Central Piedmont's academic programs.

    DACA students will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate unless they are sponsored by a North Carolina business, in which case they will be charged the in-state rate. For information on employer sponsorships, contact Central Piedmont's Sponsored Programs Office.

    2017 DACA Recission Announcement