Become a Student Ambassador
Do you want to develop your leadership skills while making a positive impact on Central Piedmont and beyond? Here’s your opportunity to undertake a rewarding role at the college.
- scholarship up to $1,700 per semester
- meet students from other programs
- develop communication and interpersonal skills
- represent the college at various recruitment events
- participate in community service activities
- attend exclusive college activities and events
- networking with community members and potential employers
- positively impact prospective and current students
- engage in several personal growth and development experiences
- great resume builder, highly regarded title
The skills you learn are guaranteed to be relevant in the working world.
To receive consideration to become a Student Ambassador, you must:
- demonstrate academic achievement (3.0 minimum G.P.A.)
- have successfully completed at least 18 for-college-credits at Central Piedmont by the end of the spring semester that you apply in
- be enrolled in at least nine credit hours at Central Piedmont within an active for-college-credit program during the fall and spring semesters
- have at least one academic year remaining at Central Piedmont
- have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- have a sincere desire to represent Central Piedmont
- be able to work well with others and to be a successful team player
- have the desire to learn strong communication and leadership skills
- have knowledge of Central Piedmont
If selected as a Student Ambassador, you will be required to:
- attend a two-day Student Ambassador training session
- participate in a minimum of 60 hours of Student Ambassador activities per semester in fall and spring, and 15 hours in the summer
- Summer hours serve as an extension of training.
- Fall and spring semester hours consist of two hours per week of office hours (equaling 32 each semester) and 28 hours of events.
- adhere to dress code policies during office hours, tours, and events
- demonstrate a high standard of professionalism at all times
- maintain flexibility when tasks change unexpectedly
- attend required Student Ambassador monthly meetings
- maintain enrollment in at least nine credit hours at Central Piedmont within an active for-college-credit program during the fall and spring semesters
- maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA while serving as an ambassador
As a Student Ambassador, you will represent the elite diversity of Central Piedmont's student body. You will be expected to maintain the highest standards of academic honesty and responsible behavior required by Central Piedmont. If your academic or behavior status changes while serving as a Student Ambassador, you will be expected to immediately discuss this issue with the program advisors. Following this consultation, appropriate actions will be taken in accordance with standards of conduct required by the program and the college. This action could include termination of your participation in the Student Ambassador Program.
To become a student ambassador:
- Faculty and staff members must nominate you, or you will be invited based on academic performance.
- You, as the nominee, then submit a formal application form to the program advisor.
- If approved, you will then be scheduled for an interview with the selection committee. This committee is composed of Central Piedmont faculty, administrators, and current student leaders.
If you have any questions about joining the Student Ambassador Program, please contact Kathryn Crafts at email@example.com or 704.330.2722, ext. 3320.