Restaurants, hotels, resorts, clubs, catering operations, contract food services, and healthcare facilities are all looking for educated, qualified hospitality professionals. Central Piedmont will train you in the right skills for the right career at the right price.
What You Will Learn
The Hospitality Management program at Central Piedmont will prepare you to understand and apply the administrative and practical skills needed for supervisory and managerial positions in hotels, motels, resorts, inns, restaurants, institutions, and clubs. You will take courses related to guest services, leadership, management, restaurant operations, lodging operations, marketing, sanitation, food preparation, food and beverage management, and other critical areas. Upon completion of the program, you will:
- will have completed Serv-Safe training and will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed in setting high food safety standards to keep your operation, your customers, and your employees safe
- have completed North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement training and will be able to demonstrate knowledge of local, state, and federal laws concerning the entire lifecycle of alcohol, from purchase to service to protect their operation, customers, and employees, which meets industry and state mandated requirements
- be able to understand and apply a systematic approach to lodging front office procedures that include reservations, registration, and guest satisfaction
With a hospitality management degree, you should qualify for management or entry-level supervisory positions in food and lodging operations, including restaurants, food service, beverage service, catering, front office, reservations, and housekeeping. Opportunities are also available in product services and technology support and sales.
Why Choose Central Piedmont
In our hospitality management program, you will find:
- instructors that are proven industry professionals
- small classes allow for personal attention
- the opportunity to acquire real skills when training in our own Central Piedmont Restaurant
- the opportunity to earn the valuable ServSafe Food Protection Manager certificate — recognized nationwide as the preferred sanitation and safety certificate
- specialized training by certified instructors, and earn your ServSafe Alcohol certificate
- the opportunity to gain lifelong skills to benefit your management career in our Fundamentals of Food class
- job opportunities from local, regional, and national hospitality employers posted weekly
You will also have the opportunity to work in the Aspire Bakery and Bistro or Greenway Restaurant to gain hands-on experience.
Real World Education
At Central Piedmont, your education goes beyond what you learn in class. We offer numerous opportunities for you to enhance your learning — and to make friends, network, and pursue your passions — through clubs and organizations, sports, events and activities, leadership opportunities, job experience, volunteer experiences, visual and performing arts, and even international experiences.