Governor's Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Scholarship
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) scholarship helps community college students impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a continuing education student in a high-demand workforce training program that will lead to a state or industry-recognized credential, you may be eligible for a GEER scholarship.
The GEER continuing education scholarship awards up to $750, or the cost of the program — whichever is more. The scholarship can help cover the cost of:
- books and supplies
- credentialing tests
- child care
- other costs of attendance
- North Carolina resident.
- Currently enrolled or able to enroll in an eligible continuing education program or course:
- at least 96 credit hours
- leads to a state or industry-recognized credential
- Assisted Living Activity Director Training
- Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- Commercial Truck Driver Training (CDL)
- Community Health Worker
- EKG Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic and/or Paramedic
- Fire Academy
- Information Technology
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Natural Hair Care
Other programs may be considered if they are at least 96 credit hours and meet local workforce needs. Explore continuing education programs. (Continuing Education courses start with a 7 or an 8.) If your application is approved, we will help you choose and enroll in an eligible program, if needed.