- DRE 096 Integrated Reading and Writing I. This course is designed to develop proficiency in writing effective sentences and paragraphs.
- DRE 097 Integrated Reading and Writing II. This course is designed to develop proficiency in writing effective paragraphs and essays.
- DRE 098 Integrated Reading and Writing III. This course is designed to develop proficiency in writing essays and documented essays.
- ENG 111 Expository Writing/Writing and Inquiry
- ENG 112 Writing/Research in the Disciplines
- ENG 113 Literature-Based Research
- ENG 114 Professional Research and Reporting
- ENG 125 Creative Writing I
- ENG 126 Creative Writing II
- HUM 160 Introduction to Film
- ENG 133 Introduction to the Novel
- ENG 231 American Literature I
(Prerequisite for ALL 200 level courses: completion of first-year college composition, six semester hours)
- ENG 232 American Literature II
- ENG 241 British Literature I
- ENG 242 British Literature II
- ENG 273 African-American Literature
- ENG 275 Science Fiction
Note: Eng 231 and Eng 232 do not have to be taken in sequence. Both give the same credit hours and are transferrable.
Note: Eng 241 and Eng 242 do not have to be taken in sequence. Both give the same credit hours and are transferrable.
Courses Offered for Specific Programs
- ENG 101 Applied Communications I
English, Reading, and Humanities Department Office: LRC 422
NOTE: For the CURRENT SCHEDULE of courses and sections offered by the Division, click here.