Summer Bridge Program
Graduating high school seniors, Summer Bridge helps you jump start your college career and get a heard start on your college classes the summer after you graduate high school.
With Summer Bridge, you enroll in college classes at Central Piedmont for six weeks in the summer. This helps you successfully transition from high school to college in a closed, structured, and supervised environment.
The 2021 Summer Bridge session will run from June 14–July 22 at the Cato, Central, Harper, Harris, Levine, and Merancas campuses. Classes are held Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–1:05 p.m.
Highlights and Benefits
- Earn up to four hours of college credit
- Learn what will be expected of you in college
- Participate in activities designed to build your academic skills and create a sense of community
- Get a head start on college courses
- Achieve higher grade point averages
- Increase your self-confidence
- Meet friends and engage in social activities
Full scholarships are available if you are selected for the program. Financial advising is also available.
- Graduating high school senior
- Attend a participating CMS public or private school (PDF)
If you will be attending Central Piedmont in the fall, you will get first priority for the Summer Bridge program.