For the college’s coronavirus updates, please visit cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced earlier today (Oct. 21) Phase Three of statewide coronavirus restrictions will remain in effect until at least Nov. 13.
In Phase 3, which began Oct. 2, bars, entertainment venues, movie theaters and large outdoor venues were allowed to reopen with capacity restrictions. Capacity limits remained in place for restaurants, and mass gatherings were limited as well – 25 for indoors and 50 for outdoors.
As a friendly reminder, open registration for spring classes begins Nov. 9. Also, registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Summer Bridge Program
Summer Bridge is a six-week program in which you enroll in classes at Central Piedmont over the summer to help you successfully transition from high school to college in a closed, structured, and supervised environment.
The 2021 Summer Bridge session will run from June 14–July 22 at the Cato, Central, Harper, Harris, Levine, and Merancas campuses. Classes are held Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–1:05 p.m.
Highlights and Benefits
- Learn what will be expected of you in college
- Earn up to four hours of college credit
- Participate in activities designed to build your academic skills and create a sense of community
- Get a head start on college courses
- Achieve higher grade point averages
- Increase your self-confidence
- Meet friends and engage in social activities
Full scholarships are available if you are selected for the program. Financial advising is also available.
- Graduating high school senior
- Attend a participating CMS public or private school (PDF)
If you will be attending Central Piedmont in the fall, you will get first priority for the Summer Bridge program.
The classes you will take will be determined by your high school transcript and GPA. You are only allowed two unexcused absences during the program. If you have more than three absences, you will be dismissed from the program.
If accepted, you will be required to attend a Summer Bridge onboarding session in April 2021.
- Complete these enrollment steps:
- NC residency determination
- Central Piedmont admissions application
- Submit high school transcripts
- Complete the Summer Bridge program application.
The deadline to apply for 2021 is Saturday, May 15, 2021.