For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of June 24, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks -- until July 17 -- while making face coverings mandatory in public.
Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration. Central Piedmont will announce its updated plans for the upcoming fall semester soon after the July 4 holiday. Preliminary plans for fall include offering classes that are completely online, class sections that are primarily online, classes that will combine online and in-person instruction, and a smaller percentage of traditional in-person classes.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Summer Bridge Program
The Summer Bridge program gives you an opportunity to successfully transition from high school to college in a closed, structured, and supervised environment.
Summer Bridge is a six-week program in which you are enrolled in classes at Central Piedmont to help make you more aware of what is expected of you in college and what will be expected of you in the real world.
The 2020 Summer Bridge session will run from June 15–July 23 at the Cato, Central, Harper, Harris, Levine, and Merancas Campuses.
Highlights and Benefits
- available at all six Central Piedmont campuses
- earn up to six hours of college credit upon successful completion of the program
- in addition to English, study skills, and math courses, participate in other activities designed to build academic skills and create a sense of community
- classes encourage creative discussion, with an expectation that diversity and the opinions of others will be respected
- get a head start on college courses
- achieve higher grade point averages
- increase your self-confidence
- meet friends and engage in social activities
Full scholarships are available if you are selected for the program. Financial advising is also available.
- must be a graduating senior
- must attend a participating CMS public or private school(PDF)
If you will be attending Central Piedmont in the fall, you will get first priority for the Summer Bridge program.
The classes you will take will be determined by a placement test given at Central Piedmont. Summer Bridge courses are offered Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–1:05 p.m. You are only allowed two unexcused absences during the program. If you exceed three absences, you will be dismissed from the program.
The deadline to apply for 2020 is Friday, May 15, 2020. We are now placing any applications submitted on a waitlist. If any spots open up before the May 15 deadline, we will notify you by email.
You will be notified if you have been accepted in May. If accepted, you will be required to attend an orientation in May or June.
If you have any questions about the Summer Bridge program, please contact Willie Williams at 704.330.6830 or email@example.com.