For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of June 24, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks -- until July 17 -- while making face coverings mandatory in public.
Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration. Central Piedmont will announce its updated plans for the upcoming fall semester soon after the July 4 holiday. Preliminary plans for fall include offering classes that are completely online, class sections that are primarily online, classes that will combine online and in-person instruction, and a smaller percentage of traditional in-person classes.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Tuition Payment Plan
Central Piedmont is proud to offer the tuition payment plan as a convenient option for you to pay your tuition in smaller payments over time.
This is not a loan program. You will not be charged interest or finance charges. We do not check your credit when you enroll in the plan. While on the payment plan, you can choose to make your payment using one of the following two options:
- Automatic bank payment (ACH draft): have your payment transferred from either a checking or savings account directly to Central Piedmont each month.
- Automatic credit card payment: have your payment charged to a credit card each month. Paying with your credit card gives you the opportunity to take advantage of any bonus programs that may be offered by your credit card company.
Plan Features and Payment Dates
- To qualify for the tuition payment plan, you must have a minimum of $200 in tuition and fees for curriculum (for-college-credit) courses.
- You will need to pay a $25 non-refundable Nelnet Account enrollment fee per semester you use the payment plan.
- Payments are automatically deducted electronically. It may take up to 7 business days for payment to post.
- Your courses are secured — your courses will not be dropped while you are on the tuition payment plan.
- If you cancel your classes before the semester begins, your refund will be applied to your selected refund preference with BankMobile.
Do not make payments through MyCollege while you are enrolled in the payment plan. All your remaining payments will be automatically drafted.
Enroll in the Tuition Payment Plan Online
Have the following information available when enrolling:
- the name, address, and email address of the person responsible for making the payments
- account information for the person responsible for payment
- if paying by automatic bank payments: bank name, telephone number, account number, and the bank routing number (most of this information is located on your check)
- if paying by credit card: credit card number and card expiration date
Once your agreement is posted to the tuition payment plan system, you will receive a confirmation of your payment amount and any future draft notices by email.
Manage Your Tuition Payment Plan
If you enroll in the tuition payment plan and need to add or drop classes, receive financial aid, or decide to pay your remaining balance to Central Piedmont directly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.330.4472 to update your Nelnet agreement. You will need to contact BankMobile at least two business days before your next automatic draft date. If you fail to let us know of your update, the payment plan will continue to automatically draft money from your bank account as scheduled.
When Your Payments Will be Made
The payment plan specifies the date each of your payments is drafted, but your financial institution determines the time of day the payment is taken from your account. We recommend that you check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance you should have funds available in your account to ensure your automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day. Nelnet charges a $30 nonsufficient funds fee for any payments that don't go through.