ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate
The ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT WorkKeys NCRC®) is an assessment-based credential issued at four levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The NCRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations.
Individuals who successfully complete the three WorkKeys assessments — Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents — earn the WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate® (WorkKeysNCRC®), which is well recognized by many national employers and government agencies.
Even if you have a high school diploma, GED®, or a post-secondary degree, the certificate further verifies that you can handle the tasks that are common in today's workplace.
Workkeys Assessment and Schedule
Sessions for the three WorkKeys assessments are scheduled monthly on the following dates. Some employers may require additional assessments, such as Business Writing or Workplace Observation, which are also offered.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 – Harris Campus, Building II, Room 2125
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - Harris Campus, Building II, Room 2125
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - Harris Campus, Building II, Room 2125
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - Harris Campus, Building II, Room 2125
Assessments begin at 11 a.m. Plan to be at the testing site for approximately 3-4 hours, depending on which assessments you are taking.
Location: All testing takes place at our Harris Campus, near the airport, Building II, Room 2125 or 2127. Testing starts on time. Any late arrivals will need to reschedule.
Workkeys Registration, Requirements, and Cost
You must register in advance for the WorkKeys testing. Sessions fill up early, so plan accordingly. For additional information or to register, email Michelle Miller and provide:
- your telephone number
- which assessments you need to take
- indicate if they are for a specific program or employer
Costs are as follows:
- National Career Readiness Certificate: $54; includes Workplace Documents, Graphic Literacy, and Applied Math
- Business Writing or Workplace Observation assessment: $26 per assessment
- assessments for the school system (Applied Math, Workplace Documents, and Business Writing): $62
Find the online ACT tools to help you prepare and improve WorkKeys scores.