Online: Get FAFSA Help
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the primary form used by federal, state, and financial assistance programs to determine your eligibility for grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships. You have to fill out a new FAFSA every year. Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible, as funding can be limited. If you do not fill out the FAFSA, you risk losing out on money that you might be eligible for.
Let a financial aid expert from the Central Piedmont Financial Aid office guide you through the process at a FAFSA Workshop.
FAFSA Workshop Sessions
Workshops are available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, noon–2 p.m.
All sessions are held online via Webex. Please download the app in advance. We will send you more information on how to access the meeting once your schedule your session.
What to Bring to Your Workshop
Create your FSA ID before your workshop. Learn how to create your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID (video). Bring the following information with you to the workshop:
- your FSA ID to sign electronically
- Social Security number
- Alien Registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- 2018 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (You may be able to electronically transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS data retrieval tool.)
- bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- records of untaxed income (if applicable)
If you are a dependent student, your parent will also need to complete a portion of the FAFSA with this information.