Contact academic advising at your nearest Central Piedmont campus.
If you are unable to come to a Central Piedmont campus, contact online advising.
Services that Online Advising Cannot Provide Visiting Students
Central Piedmont online advising cannot:
1. Provide detailed information about which courses will transfer to other institutions, whether Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate. Contact an academic advisor at your own college or university to find out which Central Piedmont courses will transfer back to fulfill your degree requirements. If you are attempting to transfer courses you take at Central Piedmont to a North Carolina four-year college, Transfer Resource Center.
2. Provide semester-by-semester planning or counseling. We are unable to advise on courses to take for programs other than a Central Piedmont degree, diploma, or certificate program.
3. Verify receipt of transcripts or forms by campus offices. When your transcript is received, you will receive an email notification in your student email account.
4. Discuss any inquiries or issues regarding financial aid inquiries or contacting financial aid. Please visit Financial Aid for financial aid information.
5. Verify receipt of financial aid documents or discuss scholarship information. Please visit Financial Aid for financial aid information.
6. Provide specialized counseling for visiting students, students with disabilities, transfer students, or students requiring mental health counseling. You may email Counseling Services at email@example.com. You may contact Disability Services.
7. Assist with or verify residency information. Review residency determination information.
8. Assist with a request if a course is full. There are no waitlists for any of our courses. You are welcome to check payment dates (visit Tuition and Fees) to see if any sections open up. You are also welcome to contact the instructor of the course to see if they will allow you in. View eDirectory for instructor contact information.
9. Discuss grade changes, assignments, or any other class-related issues/inquiries. Please refer to course catalog policies and procedures.
10. Assist with what courses are available. Please log into your MyCollege account to view up-to-date information course offerings.
Contacting Online Advising About Registration
To receive an override to register for an available section of the Central Piedmont course(s) you wish to take, please provide only the Central Piedmont course(s) (e.g. ENG 111) you are attempting to register for. Please use your Central Piedmont email account and include all of the following information requested to avoid any delays in sending and receiving communication. Please complete this form and include the following information in your inquiry.
1. Subject Line: Visiting Student
2. Body of email should include the following:
- 7-digit student ID Number (can be found in your MyCollege account in 'My Educational Plan' under 'Academic Profile')
- ALL Central Piedmont courses (e.g. ENG 111) for which you are attempting to register
- attach to the email unofficial transcript(s) of (college transcript, score reports, etc.) showing prerequisites or applicable scores, following documentation guidelines (PDF) and/or placement test waiver guidelines (if you are not using official transcripts)
- term you are planning to take course(s): fall, spring, or summer
- any questions you have (refer back to the "Services that Online Advising Cannot Provide Visiting Students" section previously mentioned on this page to make sure your inquiries are not addressed there)