Visiting or Non-Degree Seeking Students

Are you a student from another college or university looking to take courses to transfer back to your home institution? Are you interested in taking a few credit classes as personal enrichment or for job requirements? If either of these are 'you,' we're glad you are considering Central Piedmont. We welcome visiting students each year for both reasons, and more.

Central Piedmont is a smart choice with flexible options and convenient locations for visiting students. 

Visiting students are those who are currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student at another university, but wish to take courses for one term at Central Piedmont. You are a visiting student if you meet any of the following criteria:

  • You are taking courses to transfer to your home institution.

  • You do not need course advising, as you are taking courses as a non-degree seeking student.

  • You are taking courses to fulfill requirements for another institution.

  • You are not seeking to earn a Central Piedmont degree, diploma, or certificate.

Enroll at Central Piedmont as a Visiting or Non-Degree Seeking Student

Priority Application Dates

We accept applications after priority application dates. However, to increase the likelihood of completing the enrollment process, the college highly encourages you to submit all paperwork by priority application dates.

Semester Priority Application and
Transcript Date
Open Registration
Term Start Date
Spring October 1 November 11

January 13

April 1

May 5

May 21


Fall  June 1 July 7 August 18

If you submit all required paperwork by priority application dates, you can expect to be admitted to the college and to receive adequate time to plan, select, and register for classes. If you submit paperwork after priority application dates, be sure to have college-issued transcripts available for advising.

  • Determine Your State Residency

    The amount of tuition you pay is based on whether you are considered an in-state or out-of-state student.

    Check or establish your state residency.

  • Apply for Admission

    If you have previously applied to Central Piedmont, you do not need to apply again. If you have applied to Central Piedmont before, but don’t know your student ID number or username, or if you are not sure if you are in our system, please call or email us before completing the application. If you do not receive an email with your student ID number within one business day, please contact Admissions or email

    Complete the Central Piedmont admissions application.

  • Create Your Central Piedmont Login

  • Apply for Financial Aid

    You might be eligible for more aid than you think. Financial aid includes Pell Grants, other grants, scholarships, and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits (such as the GI Bill). Central Piedmont does not offer direct student loans.

    Review financial aid deadlines and apply for financial aid

  • Submit Your Transcripts

    Check to make sure you meet the prerequisite(s) for the Central Piedmont course(s) you want to take. Then, submit all official high school, college, and/or military transcripts to Student Records to determine if you may register for available course sections on your registration date and to help avoid registration issues. It is in your best interest to submit your transcripts as soon as possible. Grades of 'C' or higher are accepted. Test scores must be reviewed. We do not accept transfer coursework and placement tests from other four-year schools. We will email your student email account to confirm receipt of your transcripts.

    You also have the option to instead submit an unofficial transcript to academic advising following the visiting student documentation guidelines (PDF). We will review your previous coursework and provide an override to register for available sections of your desired courses. Obtaining an override does not guarantee you will not run into registration issues — after receiving an override, be sure to do a registration test to check for any registration issues.

  • Take or Waive Placement Tests

    If you are not submitting official college transcripts, review ways to waive the placement test to take Central Piedmont courses that require only a waiver of developmental courses.

    Take or waive Central Piedmont placement tests.

  • Attend Orientation

  • Talk with an Academic Advisor at Your Nearest Campus (Optional for Visiting Students)

    Contact academic advising at your nearest Central Piedmont campus. If you are unable to come to a Central Piedmont campus, you may contact online advising.

  • Next Steps

    Review your next steps after enrolling, such as registering and paying for classes.