You can get your student ID card online or on campus.
Your Central Piedmont student ID card serves as your library card and may be used in the community for a variety of discounts. You must be registered for classes for the current or upcoming semester to get a new ID card.
Where to Get Your Student ID Card
You can get your student ID card at any Central Piedmont campus, regardless of where your classes are. Check the "Contact" block for ID center locations and hours.
You can also request your ID online: complete the student ID request form. Make sure all the information you provide on the form is up-to-date — we will mail your ID card to the address you provide on the form. For verification purposes, you are required to upload a copy of a current state or government issued photo ID to the request form. The ID that you submit must be valid and have a clearly identifiable photo.
In the student ID request form, you will be asked to provide a photo that will be the photo on your ID card. The photo you submit must meet the following requirements:
- Must be color (cannot be black and white).
- Must have a plain, light-colored background.
- Must be clear and well-lit — no excessive shadows, pixelation/graininess, etc.
- Your entire head and shoulders must be visible.
- You must be facing forward, looking directly into the camera.
- Do not have any other people or objects in the photo.
- Do not wear a hat or sunglasses.
- Nothing should be touching your face, such as hands, props, or other distractions.
- You can smile. Do not make any gestures or inappropriate facial expressions.
Central Piedmont Registration reserves the right to determine any photo as being inappropriate. We typically mail cards out within three business days after you request it; it can then typically take up to 14 days for you to get it in the mail. For more information or any questions regarding IDs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable Image Example
Unacceptable Image Examples
Do not upload these type of images.