Summer Bridge Program
The Summer Bridge program gives students an opportunity to successfully transition from high school to college in a closed, structured, and supervised environment. The 2019 Summer Bridge session will run from June 17 - July 25 at the Central, Levine, Merancas, Harper, Harris, and Cato Campuses.
Summer Bridge is a six-week program in which students are enrolled in classes based on their performance on a placement test given at Central Piedmont. The goal of this program is to make students more aware of what is expected of them in college and what will be expected of them in the real world. The Summer Bridge program is reserved for graduating seniors.
Highlights and benefits of Summer Bridge:
- available at all six Central Piedmont campuses
- students who successfully complete the Summer Bridge Program can earn up to six hours of college credit
- in addition to classes in English, study skills, and math, students will participate in other activities designed to build academic skills and create a sense of community
- classes are open for creative discussion with an expectation that diversity and the opinions of others will be respected
- get a head start on college courses
- achieve higher grade point averages
- increased self-confidence
- meet friends and engage in social activities
- full scholarships are available for students who are selected for the program; financial advising is also available
Summer Bridge courses are offered Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. - 1:05 p.m. Students are only allowed two unexcused absences during the program. If they exceed the three absences, they will be dismissed from the program.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for the Summer Bridge 2019 program is Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Students who will be attending Central Piedmont in the fall will get first priority for the Summer Bridge program. Only students who attend participating public and private schools in Charlotte-Mecklenburg county schools (PDF) are eligible to apply. Full scholarships are available for students who are selected for the program. Financial advising is also available.
- complete the Summer Bridge 2019 program application by Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Students will be notified if they have been accepted in May and accepted students will be required to attend an orientation in May or June.
If you have any questions about the Summer Bridge program, please contact Willie Williams at 704.330.6830 or email@example.com.