For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit http://www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of July 14, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks, at least until Aug. 7
Central Piedmont announced July 7, that fall semester classes will begin on Aug. 10, and be taught in multiple formats – online, hybrid, blended, and face-to-face. The majority of students will come to campus a minimal number of times, with the rest of their instruction occurring online. Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Ruth G. Shaw Scholars Program
Dr. Ruth Shaw, Central Piedmont's second college president, made a gift to the college to create the Ruth G. Shaw Women’s Leadership Program in partnership with the Central Piedmont Foundation and Student Life.
About the Program
This unique program aims to:
- connect women students to one another and to a supportive network of community mentors
- inspire women students to assume positions of leadership and to celebrate their individual and collective achievements
- nurture female student leaders by encouraging and demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and problem-solving strategies
- foster a deeper awareness of the many roles women play and their contributions to society
Through monthly luncheons and guided conversations with community mentors, the Ruth G. Shaw Women’s Leadership Program offers:
- interaction with college leaders, faculty, staff, and alumnae
- personal and professional skill development
- hands-on leadership development
- recognition of achievement: as a culminating event and in collaboration with faculty, staff, and mentors, participants will plan and execute an annual spring capstone presentation about their experience in the program
The program is limited to 12 women who will participate in sessions, both with Ruth G. Shaw scholar mentors and separately with scholars. Qualifications for consideration:
- must be enrolled in for-college-credit classes for the entirety of the 2020–21 academic year
- must be able to attend all Ruth G. Shaw Scholar gatherings
- must be demonstrating successful progress towards degree (must have completed two semesters of coursework at Central Piedmont before fall 2020)
- 2.5 GPA
- complete application and required interview
- Complete the online application by Friday, April 17.
- You will then receive essay questions by email. Your responses to the essay questions are due Sunday, April 19.