For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of March 18, Central Piedmont Community College suspended classes that require face-to-face, in-person instruction until further notice. College faculty and staff are working to move as many classes as possible to online delivery, with these online classes re-starting on March 23.
All Central Piedmont classes that can be offered remotely will be provided via online delivery. All classes that require in-person instruction will be suspended for now.
Central Piedmont remains open, however, its campuses and centers will be accessible only to employees whose presence is required to perform essential functions related to the operations and business of the college.
Read the complete message at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Ruth G. Shaw Scholars Program
Dr. Ruth Shaw, Central Piedmont's second college president, made a gift to the college to create the Ruth G. Shaw Women’s Leadership Program in partnership with the Central Piedmont Foundation and Student Life.
About the Program
This unique program aims to:
- connect women students to one another and to a supportive network of community mentors
- inspire women students to assume positions of leadership and to celebrate their individual and collective achievements
- nurture female student leaders by encouraging and demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and problem-solving strategies
- foster a deeper awareness of the many roles women play and their contributions to society
Through monthly luncheons and guided conversations with community mentors, the Ruth G. Shaw Women’s Leadership Program offers:
- interaction with college leaders, faculty, staff, and alumnae
- personal and professional skill development
- hands-on leadership development
- recognition of achievement: as a culminating event and in collaboration with faculty, staff, and mentors, participants will plan and execute an annual spring capstone presentation about their experience in the program
The program is limited to 12 women who will participate in sessions, both with Ruth G. Shaw scholar mentors and separately with scholars. Qualifications for consideration:
- must be enrolled in for-college-credit classes for the entirety of the 2020–21 academic year
- must be able to attend all Ruth G. Shaw Scholar gatherings
- must be demonstrating successful progress towards degree (must have completed two semesters of coursework at Central Piedmont before fall 2020)
- 2.5 GPA
- complete application and required interview
- Complete the online application by Friday, April 17.
- You will then receive essay questions by email. Your responses to the essay questions are due Sunday, April 19.