For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit http://www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of July 14, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks, at least until Aug. 7
Central Piedmont announced July 7, that fall semester classes will begin on Aug. 10, and be taught in multiple formats – online, hybrid, blended, and face-to-face. The majority of students will come to campus a minimal number of times, with the rest of their instruction occurring online. Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Affordable Technology and Discounts
Resources During the Coronavirus Situation
During the coronavirus situation, the following special offers are available:
Charter Communications is temporarily offering free access to Spectrum internet.
- The Discount Internet Guide (PDF)
- Goodwill Industries' the GRID
- Central Piedmont bookstore
- refurbished calculators on Math4sale.com
- refurbished calculators on sellcalculators.com
- refurbished laptops
- Central Piedmont Single Stop
- Apple discounts: Apple products are available at discounted education rates for students
- Microsoft discounts: students and faculty can use Microsoft software for free by logging in to the Central Piedmont Cloud.
- HP discounts
- Game design software discounts: discounts on software and more via Studica.com
- Dell: discounts are available to both students and faculty through Dell's Member Purchase and Employee Discount Program. Central Piedmont Dell discount member ID: US122107236
- Spring discount program: students receive 10% off select Sprint plans via their GSTDT_ZST CorpID
- To shop, visit your local Sprint Store or call Sprint telesales at 1.866.639.8354 and tell the Sprint representative that you receive a Sprint Central Piedmont student 10% discount under CorpID GSTDT_ZST.
- After activation, you must visit sprint.com/verify from your smart device or computer to apply the discount. You will need to upload a photo of your active student ID to the verification site during this process,
- If you are an existing Sprint customer that need the Sprint Central Piedmont discount added, visit sprint.com/verify from your smart device or computer, enter your @cpcc.edu email address, and Sprint will immediately send you an email; open the email and click the verification link by the date provided.
The following is a list of vendors who provide various services for affordable broadband:
- FCC Sponsored Lifeline Program
- Access Program from AT&T
- Verizon Lifeline Discount
- Spectrum Internet Assist
- Sprint Works Program
- list of low-cost internet service providers
Mobile Hotspot Discounts
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly Microsoft Imagine)
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly Microsoft Imagine) is an online software system where, if authorized, you can download and access a wide range of Microsoft developer tools, servers, and platforms. There is no charge to download the software as long as you are an eligible user in the system.
Software titles available through Azure Dev tools include:
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Server Products (e.g. Exchange and SQL)
- Visual Studio Suites
- Expression Studio (Formerly Frontpage)
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
To access the Azure Dev Tools for Teaching, you will need to create a Microsoft account using your Central Piedmont email address:
- Go to azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools.
- Click the “Sign-in” button.
- When prompted to enter your email address, click “Create one” link below the email field and enter your Central Piedmont email.
- Create a password (this password is managed separately from your Central Piedmont account password).
- You will receive a verification code via email; enter the code from the email and click the next button.
- You will then be prompted with a security text image, enter the text from the image and click next.
- On the academic verification page, enter your Central Piedmont email address into both fields and click the “Verify academic status and accept terms” button.
- You will then receive another verification email; click the link in this email and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- After signing in you will be taken to the Azure education quick start page.
To download software from Azure Dev Tools for teaching after setting up your account:
- Go to azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools.
- Click the “Sign-in” button and you will be taken to the Azure education quick start page.
- From the quick start page click the “View All” option under the “Get Software” section to be taken to a listing of the tools available for download; selecting tools from this list will open a panel with a download link and a product key.
- Click view key and then download.
Central Piedmont is licensed under the MSDN Academic Alliance Program. E-academy Inc., a partner of Microsoft, provides Azure.