The State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) is providing 10 Corporate and Continuing Education scholarships for eligible students at Central Piedmont for fall 2019 in the welding program. The scholarships in the amount of $500 are awarded to help adults who are interested in gaining new job-related skills or upgrading current skills in this field of study. Recipients of the scholarships may use the funds to pay for registration fees, books, certification fees, course supplies, and other educational expenses associated with the Introduction to Stick Welding course.
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident.
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployed and underemployed adults, members of the N.C. National Guard, military veterans and spouses, or underserved populations in a specific workforce sector or area.
- Underemployed will be defined as individuals earning 200% below the federal poverty level. Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.
- Enroll in Introduction to Stick Welding, a course which leads to an industry-recognized credential.
- Not be an employee or family member of an employee of the State Employees’ Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
Application and Selection Criteria
Interested and eligible students should complete the application to be considered for the scholarship. Click here to apply. The scholarship awardees will be selected by the Central Piedmont SECU Scholarship Selection Committee. All decisions are final. For additional information students should contact Becky Hall at Becky.Hall@cpcc.edu or 704.330.4204.
This scholarship is credited to the student’s business office account for related tuition, books, and fees.