Central Piedmont’s login service is restored, so platforms that use the single sign-on service are accessible once again. Thank you for your patience and understanding as the Information Technology Services team continues to test and bring services back online that have been impacted by the February 10 cyberattack.
Whether you are in banking, baking, or in public or private industry, today’s marketplace has no borders. As a result, consumers and businesses alike are in search of the best products and services that meet their needs. This process requires conquering language, cultural, monetary exchange, political, and transportation barriers that could all be too challenging to overcome without the right business knowledge at your fingertips. Jumpstart your career with a business administration degree from Central Piedmont and learn valuable business skills that can be used in a number of work environments, across a variety of industries.
What You Will Learn
Central Piedmont will provide you with the training you need to meet the needs of today's competitive, business environment. Our many certificate and two-year degree programs will teach you how to:
- analyze securities transactions
- analyze and evaluate company performance and industry trends and communicate these results to different audiences
- develop, organize, and deliver business-related presentations in collaboration with ;peers, as well as incorporate consensus, compromise, and other team building skills
- identify the four functions of management (planning, organizing, leading, and control) with the ability to explain and analyze how these concepts impact a business environment
Students who complete the Associate in Applied Science degree or certificate in business administration will be able to:
- apply their fundamental understanding of the field of business by analyzing various securities transactions, analyzing and evaluating industry trends, and preparing and communicating results of company analysis to different audiences
- develop, organize, and deliver a business-related presentation in collaboration with peers to include consensus, compromise, and other team building skills
- identify and explain the four functions of management: planning, leading, organizing, and controlling and will be able to explain and critically analyze how these concepts affect the business environment
Our two-year Associate in Applied Science degree in business administration boasts three specialization areas. Depending on which specialization area you choose, you'll graduate from Central Piedmont prepared for a career in advertising, sales, operations management, transportation, management, interviewing, placement, needs assessment, planning, legal issues, compensation and benefits, training, nd more.
The business administration - global business curriculum will prepare you to be a globally minded professional in a global economy who is empowered to operate in a culturally diverse world. You will be equipped to lead and to develop international business models and practices.
Human Resources Management
The business administration - human resources management curriculum is designed to meet the demands of business and service agencies, equipping you with an understanding of the administration, training, and management of human resources. Course work will not only study management, interviewing, placement, needs assessment, planning, legal issues, compensation and benefits, and training techniques, but will also review people skills, learning approaches, skill building, and the development of instructional and training materials.
Marketing and Retailing
The business administration - marketing and retailing curriculum will teach you fundamental marketing and retailing skills, such as merchandising, selling, advertising, computer technology, and management.
Why Choose Central Piedmont
It is our mission to encourage, engage, and empower our business administration students through innovative programs, partnerships with local business employers, relationships with alumni, excellence in teaching, and career skill building. At Central Piedmont, you will:
- learn from our knowledgeable faculty, who have experience working in both corporate and governmental organizations
- enjoy flexible class schedules, smaller class sizes, personalized attention, and less costly tuition
- have the opportunity to choose from a certificate or two-year degree program that both focuses on your specialty area of interest and will help you meet your professional or academic goals
- gain valuable information from experienced guest speakers representing today's business and industry elite
- have the opportunity to gain leadership experience and participate in national competitions with Enactus
Real World Education
At Central Piedmont, your education goes beyond what you learn in class. We offer numerous opportunities for you to enhance your learning — and to make friends, network, and pursue your passions — through clubs and organizations, sports, events and activities, leadership opportunities, job experience, volunteer experiences, visual and performing arts, and even international experiences.