Physical Therapist Assistant
Email notifications regarding admission status have been sent to all applicants for the 2016 application period. If you applied and have not received your email notification, please contact the PTA program Admissions Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does a Physical Therapist Assistant do?
- Help improve or restore function under the supervision of Physical Therapists
- Alleviate or prevent physical impairment
- Work in direct patient care settings:
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Outpatient clinics
- School systems
- Geriatric healthcare facilities
- Home health agencies
About the Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- An accredited full-time, day program
- Prepares students to work as a Physical Therapist Assistant
- Graduates are eligible to take the PTA National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) for licensure in whichever state they plan to work
- Course work includes:
- Normal human anatomy and physiology
- The consequences of disease and injury
- Physical therapy treatments of a variety of patient conditions
How do I start the program?
- The CPCC PTA program is a competitive admissions program separate from general admissions.
- The program accepts one class of 32 students once a year
- Selection process is based on:
- TEAS test
- Past academic performance in select courses
- Work experience in a PT department (if applicable)
For more detailed information, please click here.
PTA Program Statistics (3 year averages years 2012 - 2014):
- Admitted % qualified applicants: 34.33%
- Graduation Rate: 75.67%
- Ultimate Licensure Exam Pass Rate of Graduates: 98.6%
- Employment Rate: 100% of those who seek employment
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Central Piedmont Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org
To apply or learn more:
- Contact the Physical Therapist Assistant admissions specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.