For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of June 24, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks -- until July 17 -- while making face coverings mandatory in public.
Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration. Central Piedmont will announce its updated plans for the upcoming fall semester soon after the July 4 holiday. Preliminary plans for fall include offering classes that are completely online, class sections that are primarily online, classes that will combine online and in-person instruction, and a smaller percentage of traditional in-person classes.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Education Benefits and Eligibility Requirements
Of the million veterans currently alive, nearly three of every four served during a war or an official period of hostility. About a quarter of the nation's population — approximately 70 million people — are potentially eligible for VA benefits and services because they are veterans, family members or survivors of veterans. Central Piedmont's Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Office strives to meet the DVA goal of “Putting Veterans First”.
Central Piedmont's Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Office strives to meet the DVA goal of “Putting Veterans First”.
Central Piedmont Community College is approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency for the enrollment of persons eligible for education assistance benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. The college provides training opportunities at both college and secondary levels for veterans, and eligible dependents (spouse and/or children).
- Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill, Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Chapter 31 Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
- Chapter 33 Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
- Chapter 33 Post - 9/11 Transfer of Entitlement
- Chapter 35 Survivors and Dependents Assistance
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
For additional information regarding these benefits, which are administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, contact one of the following offices:
- Central Piedmont Veterans Affairs Education Benefits Office 704.330.6552
- Mecklenburg County Veterans Service Office 704.336.2102
- District Office of the North Carolina Division of Veteran Affairs 704.563.2037