Enrolling as a Minor
Minor Petition for Release Process
Please note that some school districts require a waiting period before a prospective minor student can enroll into an alternative adult education program at Central Piedmont.
Prospective minor students and their parent or legal guardian must attend a Minor Student Orientation to begin the petition process for enrollment into an adult alternative education program at Central Piedmont.
How do Minors Register to take the Pearson Vue GED® or HiSET® tests?
Minors may choose not to enroll in College and Career Readiness classes or programs and instead take the Pearson Vue, GED® , or HiSET® tests to obtain their High School Equivalency diploma. Both the Pearson Vue, GED® , and HiSET® testing services place a temporary block preventing minors from registering online to take these tests. To lift that block, applicants must follow the following steps:
- Schedule a Minor Student Orientation.
- Email the College and Career Readiness Chief Examiner, Melissa McClure, at email@example.com requesting to remove the block.
Can ESL or Immigrant Minors Register for College and Career Readiness Classes?
Prospective minor students interested in the College and Career Readiness English as a Second Language classes and programs who are not in the country under an F-1 visa may schedule a Minor Student Orientation. Prospective minor students with F-1 visas are not permitted to enroll in College and Career Readiness classes or programs.
ESL or Immigrant Minors with a High School Diploma from a Foreign Country
- ESL or immigrant minors who have graduated from high school in a foreign country should attempt to obtain their official high school transcripts.
- The ESL or immigrant minor will need to get their transcript translated and evaluated.
- The ESL or immigrant minor must take their translated and evaluated transcripts to a Central Piedmont records office.