For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
NC Governor Roy Cooper announced Sept. 1 he is moving the state into Phase 2.5. Playgrounds will open, and businesses like gyms and museums across the state can reopen at reduced capacity as of Sept. 4. The Governor emphasized that safety measures such as face-coverings, social distancing, and frequent hand washing should still be followed.
Central Piedmont continues to offer fall semester classes in multiple formats with the majority of classes being taught online.
Registration for fall short session classes — as well as Corporate and Continuing Education courses — is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) defines substantive change as a significant modification or expansion in the nature and scope of an accredited institution. A listing of developments that are considered to represent a substantive change can be found in the SACSCOC policy statement (PDF) on Substantive Change for Accredited Institutions.
Member institutions are required to notify SACSCOC of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, seek approval prior to the initiation of changes.
Central Piedmont Policy on Substantive Change
Member institutions are also required to have a policy and procedure to ensure that all substantive changes are reported to SACSCOC in a timely fashion.
Examples of Substantive Changes that have been sent to the SACSCOC
- Level III Instructional Service Agreement with South Piedmont Community College for the Fire Protection Program
- Terminations of diplomas and certificates in the Simulation and Gaming area
- Notification of College and Career Certificates in a number of areas, including: Basic in Fire Protection, Construction Supervision (entry level), Interior Design, Simulation and game Development, and Automotive Systems Technology
- Notification of new Associate Degree in Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Notification of programs being offered 50% or more through Distance Learning