For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of March 18, Central Piedmont Community College suspended classes that require face-to-face, in-person instruction until further notice. College faculty and staff are working to move as many classes as possible to online delivery, with these online classes re-starting on March 23.
All Central Piedmont classes that can be offered remotely will be provided via online delivery. All classes that require in-person instruction will be suspended for now.
Central Piedmont remains open, however, its campuses and centers will be accessible only to employees whose presence is required to perform essential functions related to the operations and business of the college.
Read the complete message at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) defines substantive change as a significant modification or expansion in the nature and scope of an accredited institution. A listing of developments that are considered to represent a substantive change can be found in the SACSCOC policy statement (PDF) on Substantive Change for Accredited Institutions.
Member institutions are required to notify SACSCOC of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, seek approval prior to the initiation of changes.
Central Piedmont Policy on Substantive Change
Member institutions are also required to have a policy and procedure to ensure that all substantive changes are reported to SACSCOC in a timely fashion.
Examples of Substantive Changes that have been sent to the SACSCOC
- Level III Instructional Service Agreement with South Piedmont Community College for the Fire Protection Program
- Terminations of diplomas and certificates in the Simulation and Gaming area
- Notification of College and Career Certificates in a number of areas, including: Basic in Fire Protection, Construction Supervision (entry level), Interior Design, Simulation and game Development, and Automotive Systems Technology
- Notification of new Associate Degree in Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Notification of programs being offered 50% or more through Distance Learning