For the college’s coronavirus updates, please visit cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced earlier today (Oct. 21) Phase Three of statewide coronavirus restrictions will remain in effect until at least Nov. 13.
In Phase 3, which began Oct. 2, bars, entertainment venues, movie theaters and large outdoor venues were allowed to reopen with capacity restrictions. Capacity limits remained in place for restaurants, and mass gatherings were limited as well – 25 for indoors and 50 for outdoors.
As a friendly reminder, open registration for spring classes begins Nov. 9. Also, registration for Corporate and Continuing Education courses is ongoing.
Learn more and stay up to date at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) defines substantive change as a significant modification or expansion in the nature and scope of an accredited institution. A listing of developments that are considered to represent a substantive change can be found in the SACSCOC policy statement (PDF) on Substantive Change for Accredited Institutions.
Member institutions are required to notify SACSCOC of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, seek approval prior to the initiation of changes.
Central Piedmont Policy on Substantive Change
Member institutions are also required to have a policy and procedure to ensure that all substantive changes are reported to SACSCOC in a timely fashion.
Examples of Substantive Changes that have been sent to the SACSCOC
- Level III Instructional Service Agreement with South Piedmont Community College for the Fire Protection Program
- Terminations of diplomas and certificates in the Simulation and Gaming area
- Notification of College and Career Certificates in a number of areas, including: Basic in Fire Protection, Construction Supervision (entry level), Interior Design, Simulation and game Development, and Automotive Systems Technology
- Notification of new Associate Degree in Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Notification of programs being offered 50% or more through Distance Learning