For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of June 24, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks -- until July 17 -- while making face coverings mandatory in public.
Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration. Central Piedmont will announce its updated plans for the upcoming fall semester soon after the July 4 holiday. Preliminary plans for fall include offering classes that are completely online, class sections that are primarily online, classes that will combine online and in-person instruction, and a smaller percentage of traditional in-person classes.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) defines substantive change as a significant modification or expansion in the nature and scope of an accredited institution. A listing of developments that are considered to represent a substantive change can be found in the SACSCOC policy statement (PDF) on Substantive Change for Accredited Institutions.
Member institutions are required to notify SACSCOC of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, seek approval prior to the initiation of changes.
Central Piedmont Policy on Substantive Change
Member institutions are also required to have a policy and procedure to ensure that all substantive changes are reported to SACSCOC in a timely fashion.
Examples of Substantive Changes that have been sent to the SACSCOC
- Level III Instructional Service Agreement with South Piedmont Community College for the Fire Protection Program
- Terminations of diplomas and certificates in the Simulation and Gaming area
- Notification of College and Career Certificates in a number of areas, including: Basic in Fire Protection, Construction Supervision (entry level), Interior Design, Simulation and game Development, and Automotive Systems Technology
- Notification of new Associate Degree in Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Notification of programs being offered 50% or more through Distance Learning