Central Piedmont Opportunity Scholarships provide underrepresented students the support they need to obtain a two-year degree in a variety of fields.
The scholarship will cover the full cost of attendance to Central Piedmont — tuition, books, and fees — for two years. Recipients also receive a notebook computer to meet their digital needs.
The selection for this scholarship is based on your demonstrated potential for success. This includes the following:
- North Carolina residency
- your school performance
- current graduating senior for the class of 2019
- a minimum GPA of 2.6
- a letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor
Apply for the Opportunity Scholars Program
- Enroll at Central Piedmont.
- Visit cpcc.academicworks.com and click “Sign In.”
- Use your Central Piedmont login to access and submit the general scholarship application form.
- Click on the “Apply” button next to “Opportunity Scholars Program.”
- Complete the FAFSA.
The total number of Opportunity Scholarship awards each year will be based on available funding. Scholarships are made possible through the generosity of donors in the Charlotte community.
Recipient Required Participation
If you are selected for the Opportunity Scholarship, you will be required to attend the Summer Bridge Program. As a part of this scholarship, you will receive one-on-one support from an academic coach who will help you with career planning, internships, and job placement after graduation.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.330.2722, ext. 3239.