For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of June 24, NC Gov. Roy Cooper announced the state will remain in Phase Two for another three weeks -- until July 17 -- while making face coverings mandatory in public.
Registration for fall semester classes is open at www.cpcc.edu/admissions/registration. Central Piedmont will announce its updated plans for the upcoming fall semester soon after the July 4 holiday. Preliminary plans for fall include offering classes that are completely online, class sections that are primarily online, classes that will combine online and in-person instruction, and a smaller percentage of traditional in-person classes.
Read the complete message at www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Apprenticeships, Internships, and Work-Based Learning
Today's job market is more competitive than ever before. That's why you should get serious about distinguishing yourself from other applicants. How? By getting valuable work experience through an apprenticeship, internship, or work-based learning course.
Workplace Learning helps you find opportunities to match your goals, enhance your resume, and get valuable, real-world experience directly related to your field of study — experience employers are likely to expect from job candidates in a tight job market. We can help you get your foot in the door with some of the biggest names in business, such as:
- Atrium Health
- Bank of America
- Blum Inc.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Charlotte Hornets
- City of Charlotte
- Duke Energy
- Hendrick Automotive Group
Other benefits to you include higher pay when you finish your degree, college credit and degree outcomes leading to a career, global, portable credentials, and economic mobility with an increased standard of living.
If you are an employer who would like to recruit students for apprenticeships, internships or work-based learning (co-op), visit our Workplace Learning page for employers.
- Apprenticeships: long term, paid positions that let you earn college credit while getting valuable on-the-job skills at one company.
- Internships: flexible, non-credit work experiences that help you explore a career path or gain practical field experience in your field. Positions may be paid or unpaid and may be short- or long-term.
- Work-Based Learning (co-op): a for-college-credit course in which you spend a semester working with an employer in a position directly related to your field of study. Positions may be paid or unpaid.