For the college's coronavirus updates, please visit www.cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
As of March 18, Central Piedmont Community College suspended classes that require face-to-face, in-person instruction until further notice. College faculty and staff are working to move as many classes as possible to online delivery, with these online classes re-starting on March 23.
All Central Piedmont classes that can be offered remotely will be provided via online delivery. All classes that require in-person instruction will be suspended for now.
Central Piedmont remains open, however, its campuses and centers will be accessible only to employees whose presence is required to perform essential functions related to the operations and business of the college.
Read the complete message at cpcc.edu/coronavirus.
Apprenticeships, Internships, and Work-Based Learning
Today's job market is more competitive than ever before. That's why you should get serious about distinguishing yourself from other applicants. How? By getting valuable work experience through an apprenticeship, internship, or work-based learning course.
Workplace Learning helps you find opportunities to match your goals, enhance your resume, and get valuable, real-world experience directly related to your field of study — experience employers are likely to expect from job candidates in a tight job market. We can help you get your foot in the door with some of the biggest names in business, such as:
- Atrium Health
- Bank of America
- Blum Inc.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Charlotte Hornets
- City of Charlotte
- Duke Energy
- Hendrick Automotive Group
Other benefits to you include higher pay when you finish your degree, college credit and degree outcomes leading to a career, global, portable credentials, and economic mobility with an increased standard of living.
If you are an employer who would like to recruit students for apprenticeships, internships or work-based learning (co-op), visit our Workplace Learning page for employers.
- Apprenticeships: long term, paid positions that let you earn college credit while getting valuable on-the-job skills at one company.
- Internships: flexible, non-credit work experiences that help you explore a career path or gain practical field experience in your field. Positions may be paid or unpaid and may be short- or long-term.
- Work-Based Learning (co-op): a for-college-credit course in which you spend a semester working with an employer in a position directly related to your field of study. Positions may be paid or unpaid.