New Homeschool and Non-partner Schools Students

1. Apply and Get Your Student ID Number

Complete and submit the Career & College Promise application.

Apply through CFNC to get your Central Piedmont ID number.

  • Create an account with CFNC if you do not already have one. 
  • Complete all required fields accurately. Inaccurate or incomplete submissions will not be transferred into our system by CFNC.

Review written directions.
Check out a video on how to complete the application.

Once we have received your application, a Central Piedmont ID number will be assigned. You will receive an email from that  includes your student ID number. (You will need this number to create your Central Piedmont login in the next step.) 

If you do not receive an email with your student ID number within three business days of submitting your Career & College Promise application, please check your junk or spam email folder. If it is not there, email us to ask about the status of your application.

2. Create Your Central Piedmont Student Login 

The day after you get the email with your Central Piedmont student ID number (step 1), you may activate your student login

Your username is the first part of your email.  For example, if your email is, your username is newstudent01.

3. Sign up for Multi-factor Authentication

All students are required to sign up for multi-factor authentication (MFA). Learn more about how to set up MFA on your device.

4. Complete Checkpoint Orientation and Advising 

You are required to complete CCP Checkpoint Orientation prior to your first semester at Central Piedmont. This is offered online through Brightspace.  To access this course, you must have already set up your CP login.  

To get credit for completing this requirement:

  • You will access the course in Brightspace

  • Click Enroll in Course

  • Select Unit 1: Getting Started to begin the course

  • Review all the units in the course 

  • Pass the CCP Checkpoint quiz in Unit 9

Please allow two business days for scores to be entered in our database. You will not be able to register for classes your first semester until your passing quiz results are entered into our database.  


  • You are responsible for the information covered at orientation. 

  • You can refer back to the presentation at any time.

  • You only need to complete this requirement once. 

If you have questions about what classes to take, reach out to us.

Advising after Checkpoint:

We are not high school advisors.  We advise on the college classes you are taking at Central Piedmont while in dual enrollment.  We cannot advise students until they have their Central Piedmont ID number. We do not advise students about high school graduation requirements or what Central Piedmont courses can be used for those requirements.  

If you would like to schedule an appointment after you have completed Checkpoint, please email us at

5. Submit Required Paperwork 

All completed paperwork should be submitted via email. Once your paperwork has been accepted, you will receive a confirmation email.

Pathway approval form:

High School Transcript which includes:

  • High School Administrator Signature (e.g., principal, counselor, etc.) 
  • grade level with academic year (e.g., 2022-23 9th, 2023-24 10th)
  • high school courses completed and in-progress
  • unweighted high school GPA

Reference this non-partner school student high school transcript example (PDF) for all required information. 

Homeschool card printout (if applicable)

Benchmark Assessment scores (if applicable); we do not accept screenshots of scores.


  • If your paperwork is incomplete or missing any required document, it will not be accepted.
  • You must submit this paperwork each semester you want to be dual-enrolled at Central Piedmont. 


6. Pay for Fees and Books

Please refer to the Fees and Books page for details and deadlines.

7. Register for Dual Enrollment Classes 

Once we have processed your paperwork:

Remember: Only register for courses from your approved pathway. If you register for a class that is outside of your approved pathway, you will be dropped from that class by the Dual Enrollment Team.


Students: accommodation plans such as an IEP or 504 Plan do not automatically transfer to college. If you would like to request accommodations at Central Piedmont, contact Disability and Access Services

Parents/guardians: you can assist your student(s) with requesting accommodations. However, once they are enrolled at Central Piedmont, parents/guardians will not have access to students' educational records due to protection under FERPA.

Students: you may choose to grant access to your educational records to your parents/guardians. To do so, please complete this Student Information Release Authorization Form (PDF) and email it to Central Piedmont’s Records department.